Prequel Chapter

Leah was in Diglett's Tunnel with Glaceon and Houndoom seemingly looking for something, a mega stone to be exact, Leah already had her key stone in a beautifully handmade necklace. It was a Yin Yang symbol, but with a Glaceon and Leafeon being the yin and the yang. The pendant is made of diamonds and emeralds and maybe some pearls too. After minutes of searching that felt like hours, Leah and her Pokémon partners finally found the Houndoominite they've been looking for, she put the mega stone in her bag and left the cave. As she got out of the cave, hopping to not have any Zubat encounters because when you encounter one the others follow, she used some Max Repels and used an escape rope. "Now let's see if it fits." Leah told Houndoom as she grabbed a red and spiked dog collar, there was an empty slot where the Houndoominite was supposed to be, so she put the mega stone in that slot and adjusted the collar on Houndoom's neck, normally if two fingers could fit in between, it's a perfect fit and it's fine, we don't want it too tight or too loose. She went back to Melemele island and met up with her friend, Zanero. Leah has long ginger hair, her skin is tan because she sunbathes a lot, and normally wears white and icy blue skirt and tank top, her sport shorts are black, and her shoes are white and icy blue and they can transition to roller skates to ice skates to normal shoes. "Hey Zanero!" Leah greeted her friend. "Hey Leah! Ready for a battle!?" He told her. "I sure am!" She replied. The battle had begun and they both sent in their Pokémon. "Scolipede, I choose you!" Zanero called out throwing his Pokéball. "Well a bug type, Houndoom take the lead!" Leah said. "She found the Houndoominite, this will be an interesting battle. Ready Scolipede!" Zanero said. Leah grabbed her Keystone. "Houndoom Mega Evolve!" She called out. Golden colored beams covered Houndoom as it was taking a new form, then the beams stopped and it revealed Mega Houndoom. Leah's Rotom Dex have been photographing Mega Houndoom until Leah shoved the Dex in her bag. "Houndoom use flamethrower!" Leah called out. Houndoom used flamethrower and much to her dismay, Houndoom went berserk and lost control of itself, it wasn't listening to Leah either. Glaceon stod Leah's ground and stopped Houndoom with a powerful Ice beam. Defeated, Houndoom returned to its original form. "I'm so sorry Zanero, I didn't know this was going to happen." Leah apologized. "It's fine Leah, lets just find a Pokémon Center." Zanero told her, she nodded in agreement. In the Pokémon Center, Leah was pacing in circles. "Ya know you're going to make yourself dizzy if you keep pacing like that." Zanero told her. Leah's Shiny Glaceon was sleeping on the sofa that Zanero was sitting on. "Well I for one is at the very least concerned for Houndoom." Leah said. "I know I didn't say that." Zanero told her. Nurse Joy cut their conversation when she came back with their Pokémon that were restored to full health. Eager for answers, Leah went to the library nearby and started scrolling the books for something on Mega Evolution, until she found what she wanted. "I hope this helps my situation." Leah told herself as Houndoom and Glaceon nodded in agreement. She opened the book which everything was in alphabetical order. "Let's just find that page so I can figure this out quickly!" Leah said. As she was scrolling through the pages she found what she was looking for. As read the descriptions of Mega Houndoom, she felt bad. "Oh Houndoom, I'm so sorry, I didn't know your mega form caused you pain." Leah apologized. She left the library placing the book where she found it and returned to Melemele island, ever since that day Leah stopped using Mega Evolution. That was only until a few weeks, she was attacked by an Ultra Beast, Leah's leg was sprained and Glaceon flinched, Houndoom jumped in and gestured Leah to use the keystone which she did hesitantly, to her surprise Houndoom was in control and was listening to her, Leah could recognize her Pokémon. "Alright Houndoom use Fire Blast!" Leah called out. Houndoom used the supposed move and knocked out the Buzzhole. Houndoom returned to its original form. "Come on let's get out of here!" Leah exclaimed as she and her partners ran back to Kukui's house. "Dad I'm home!" Leah called out. Kukui noticed her presence. "So any idea if I can travel a new region?" Leah asked her father. "Well I've been thinking..." Kukui said. "Well that's dangerous!" Leah said chuckling. "You get your wish, you'll travel the region of your choice tomorrow, just make sure to not miss your plane." Kukui told Leah. Leah jumped with joy. And this leads us to today.

A/N for next chapter: Leah likes annoying Korrina by calling her Cornichon which is French for pickle, however Korrina's name in the French dub is based on pickle and arena, Pickle in French is cornichon. Another reason why Leah calls her that and it's just meant to be funny.