Chapter 3 Over Thinking Through Battles

Third P.O.V

"You know Leah, the Santalune City gym leader is a bug type trainer. Who are you gonna use?" Bonnie asked. "Well Veevee is weak to Surskit and it cause normal damage to Vivillon. Lycanroc is strong against Surskit and Vivillon. Glaceon is weak to Surskit, but has a type advantage to Vivillon. Houndoom cause normal damage to Surskit, but has a type advantage to Vivillon." Leah stated. "Honestly, I don't know who to choose, they'll all do their best and three of them have a type advantage. So we'll see." Leah said. "I want all of you to do your very best! It's not winning that counts, It's the blood sweat and tears, the effort that you all put in that battle that counts. Win or lose, I will be just as proud of all of you." Leah said. Leah kneeled down to let her partners give their way of affection. Nearby, a photographer, took a picture of Leah and her partners, that photographer was the Santalune City Gym Leader, Viola. "Wow, I didn't know you saw battles in such positive point of view." Korrina said. "I'd want to be a trainer like you, when I'll be older!" Bonnie said. Leah blushed in embarrassment "Gee, Guys, thanks!" She said. With that they made their way to the gym. "Bonnie, I want you to take care of Houndoom and Veevee during this battle, I trust you are capable." Leah said. "Leah's big flaw is that she over thinks and goes with her gut. However, I never understood why she overthinks that much..." Korrina stated. "We'll figure out why someday." Clemont said. "Or we can just ask her." Bonnie said in an annoyed tone. "Asking me why I'm lost in thoughts is a bad idea, not because I don't want to, I really do, but there's something else controlling me, it calls itself Corruption and it make me do and say regrettable things, if I don't keep my calm and my thoughts in vain, which is why I have a diary to get Corruption out of me." Leah stated. "My mind is constantly fighting for control..." Leah said. "What happened for this to occur?" Clemont asked. "I why hit by a Dark Pulse when I was a three year old toddler, I tried to protect Korrina. And what powers a Dark Pulse? Dark Thoughts!" Leah stated. "And you'd rather not think about it..." Korrina said. Leah nodded. "Let's not dwell on that! I have a gym battle win!" Leah said enthusiastically. Suddenly, The three Team Skull grunts came by walking towards the group. "Yo, you messed up our work, girl!" Rapp said. "Oh that's sad. What kind of 'work' did I ruined for you wittle grunts?" Leah said using her baby voice to taunt them. "Uh, Leah's pretty strong, I-I think we should uh leave them alone." Zipp said. "I wasn't planning on fighting you, either way it'll just waste my energy, I just wanna settle this in a civilized way." Leah stated. "Wow, Leah, you're so calm under pressure." Clemont said. "Shut it, Nerd!" Tupp said. "Ah Tupp, I see you haven't gotten over the fact that you lost your fame because you don't have an Eevee. Is that why you're after me?" Leah said. "If that's the case, stay with us and after my gym battle, I'll show you where Eevee roam." Leah said. "I want an Eevee! It's so cute!" Rapp said quite loudly. "Deal!" Tupp and the female grunt said. "What are we gonna do with an Eevee!?" Zipp said. Leah spoke up drawing the grunts attention towards her. "I'm warning you no funny business or you'll not get that Eevee!" Leah said strictly. "Yes, Leah..." The grunts said. "Wow, you know how to keep them in order." Korrina said.

-Timeskip-

"If only Team Flare was this convincing... However, that's not the matter. Surskit come out!" Viola said. "Well, Lycanroc come play with us!" Leah exclaimed. "Surskit use Signal beam!" Viola said. Surskit's signal beam did a direct hit on the Wolf Pokémon. "Lycanroc use Acceleroc!" Leah ordered. And bam! Lycanroc used its rocky tackle on Surskit causing a lot of damage. "Let's see how you do on a field of ice! Surskit use ice beam on the field." Viola said. "A skating rink, Lycanroc use this to your advantage!" Leah said. "Roc!" Barked Lycanroc. "Alright Lycanroc, jump and use Iron tail!" Leah said. "Surskit is unable to battle Lycanroc wins!" The referee said. "Lycanroc come back, let's give Glaceon a chance." Leah said. "So you're switching Lycanroc, I can't wait to see the potential your next partner has." Viola said. "Glaceon, your turn!" Leah said as Glaceon ran to the field. "Meet my Partner! Vivillon!" Viola said. "Vivillon use Solar beam!" Ordered Viola as Vivillon absorbed sunlight. "Glaceon use Ice Shards!" Leah exclaimed. Glaceon summoned ice shards and threw them at Vivillon. "Is it just me or Vivillon's flying coordination has changed?" Korrina asked. "It isn't just you, small shards of the Ice Shards are stuck on one of its wings." Clemont said. Vivillon's Solar Beam is ready. "Glaceon, Vivillon's Solar Beam is ready, get ready to dodge." Leah said. "Glace!" Glaceon said nodding in understanding. Vivillon threw the Solar Beam at Glaceon as said, Glaceon jumped sideways to dodge the move. "Alright, finish this with Sheer Cold!" Leah said. "Glaceon!" Glaceon said as it sent litteral extreme cold towards Vivillon, K.Oing it. "Vivillon is unable to battle, Glaceon wins and the victor is Leah, the challenger!" The Referee said. "I've never had a battle as fun as this one in a long time and with that I give to you the Bug Badge." Viola said. Leah was speechless. "It is an honor, Viola." Leah said taking the badge and storing it in her extra Z-crystal case. The group walk outside to head out to the next town. "Well next town is Lumiose City right after that field where wild Pokémon roam." Leah stated.