Chapter 19 A Showcase Debut and a Grassy Challenge!

Third P.O.V

Our heroes finally made it to Coumarine City, but Leah isn't going to her gym battle. "Okay, so since I can have a gym battle anytime I want, it's only fair if Lillie goes for her showcase, my gym battle can wait." Leah said. "Leah's right, if you want to be a performer, you'll have to start somewhere!" Clemont said. "Okay then Let's go!" Lillie said. They then hear someone yelling. "You know what? I've had it with you!" She said. "Hey that sounds like Maya." Lillie said. "Should we see what's going on?" Leah asked. "Yeah we should, but I don't to be in a situation that won't end." Gladion said. "No one wants to be, but in Alola we help each other, even so, whatever they throw at us we can take, we're stronger than them." Leah said. They walk towards the group of girls. "Hey girls look! It's Leah and her group of loser friends!" Annabelle said. "Says the girl who lost a Pokémon battle." Leah said. "What was that now!?" Annabelle said. "You heard me, don't pretend, biatch!" Leah told Annabelle. "Wow, Leah can be fierce when she wants to. I knew that, but I didn't know to that extent." Lillie said. "Ee vee vee!" Eevee said. "I'm not wasting my time with losers like you, hmph! Come on girls!" Annabelle said as she left with Laura and Daisy in tow. "So I'm assuming that you are here to participate the showcase?" Maya said. "Yes, what about you?" Lillie asked. "Same, although my friends don't want to, now I think I'm gonna find myself some new friends, I'm done with them." Maya said. They walk inside the theater. "All right, I'll help Lillie out, you guys wait in the theater." Serena said. "See ya later, Serena!" Leah said.

-Time skip to themed

Performances-

"So that's what Pokémon showcases look like." Lusamine said. "Well that's just the theme performance, the free performance is where it gets interesting!" Serena said. "And now our last contestant, Performer Lillie!" Monsieur Pierre exclaimed. Lillie walked out with Snowy in tow. "This is amazing Snowy!" Lillie exclaimed. "Vul!" Snowy said. Lusamine was squealing loudly. Shortly after, Snowy stumbled itself in its clothes and fell. (Ya know like Fennekin did). When they had to cast the votes for this round, Lillie lost. "But why!?" Lusamine said. "It's part of it, you win the theme performance you move on to free performance, you lose, then you have other theaters in the region to get back and win, it's how it works." Leah said. Lillie came back shortly after and watched the performances. "Lillie, you were great." Serena said. "It happens to the best of us, you're not alone in losing like this." Leah said. "Leah's right, I lost the same way when I started. And I bet that Leah wasn't the best battler when she started out." Serena said. They watched the performances and voted for who did best and Maya won. "You were great!" Lillie told Maya. "Thanks, but you weren't as bad either." Maya told Lillie. "Thanks. So I guess that you're going to find a better friend circle, now?" Lillie said. "Of course, as for you, hold on to them, no one just becomes friends with Leah easily, so hold on to them." Maya said. "I will!" Lillie said. "So I guess this is a see ya." Maya said. "Yeah, See ya, Maya." Lillie said. And with that Maya left.

When night came, Lillie went to wherever Serena went, put her hair in a ponytail (like the on in the games) and switched her clothing. Snowy and Eevee watched everything. "Vul?" Snowy said confused. "Vee?" Eevee said as confused as Snowy.

Then Morning came, "Tadaa!" Lillie exclaimed. "Vul, vul!" Snowy exclaimed. "Eevee, vee!" Eevee exclaimed. "You look amazing Lillie!" Leah exclaimed. Everyone else were speechless. "My gym battle is up next!" Leah exclaimed. As they head for the gym. "Alright Let's see Leah pull another win!" Gladion exclaimed. "Someone's in a good mood!" Lusamine said. "The gym leader is a grass type user, an easy win for sure!" Leah exclaimed. "Glaceon you up to this challenges!?" Leah told her partner. "Glace, Glaceon, Ceon!" Glaceon said enthusiastically. A girl with magenta hair walked nearby, she recognized Serena. "Serena, Hey!" She greeted. "It's Aria!" Clemont and Bonnie exclaimed. "Hey Aria!" Serena greeted. "I see you managed to make some new friends, Oh and the Alola Queen too! Leah is it?" Aria said. "Yeah, and those are my friends from Alola, Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine!" Leah introduced. "Nice to meet you all!" Aria said. "Well I must dash, I hope to see you all some time later!" Aria said as she left. "This is the gym!" Leah exclaimed. The group walked in as a male figure walked to the battle field. "Hey I'm Leah from Mele Mele island in the Alola region!" Leah introduced. "Nice to meet you young whippersnapper, I'm Ramos, the gym leader here, I'm guessing you're here for a gym battle." Ramos said. "Indeed I am!" Leah said confidently. "I love that energy you have, now shall we begin?" Ramos said. "Leah has two ice types and two fire type on her, I wonder who she chose." Gladion said. "You're right, but Houndoom, Fluffy, Primarina, and Lycanroc are with us, it is most likely she chose Glaceon, Rapidash, and Espurr." Lillie said. "Likely? More like certain." Clemont said. "Espurr, I choose you!" Leah said sending Espurr out. "I wonder why she chose Espurr, I mean she could of used Fluffy, Lycanroc or Houndoom." Lillie said. "Because Lycanroc is weak to Grass types and Leah isn't taking any risks." Gladion stated before noticing the wound on Lycanroc's leg. "Hm I wonder this happened." Gladion said mostly to himself. "Team Skull had an opportunity to attack it when Leah was helping a wild Pokémon." Lillie stated. Gladion pat Lycanroc's head, "I just hope that wound heals." He said. "I get a vibe that you care deeply for Leah and her Pokémon. Do you like her or something?" Lusamine said.

Gladion's P.O.V

I was watching Leah's gym battle, when I noticed her Lycanroc's wound, Lillie told me Team Skull harmed it. I swear to Arceus that they aren't getting away with this, out of all the Pokémon in the world, they messed with the wrong trainer's Pokémon. It was then that my worrying escaped my head as I said it out loud. Then mother decided to ask me the ultimate question that I don't want to answer. "I get I vibe that you care deeply for Leah and her Pokémon. Do you like her or something?" Mother said. "I'm Busted." I thought. Then I felt my face heat up, I was blushing and I didn't like it. I tried to hide my face from Mother and Lillie, but Lillie noticed. I groaned in annoyance. "Actually, Leah and I have been in a relationship for about a few weeks now." I admitted. Luckily, Mother didn't reacted badly, instead she squealed like a fangirl which distracted Leah. "Can you like keep it down, I'm trying to concentrate. Thank you" Leah said. The squealing woke up Leah's sleeping Lycanroc. I tried to calm it down, but it was clearly suffering from its wound. I tried to bandage the wound, but Lycanroc only tried to attack me.

Leah's P.O.V

I focus on the gym battle, but Lycanroc's cries aren't helping my concentration, but raising my concerns for it. At least Gladion is trying to help it. I try to focus, but it is complicated with all that noise. "Alright Espurr use Hypnosis." I told Espurr. Espurr used hypnosis which made Jumpluff fall asleep, then I attack with my damage inflicting moves. "Pretty clever, young Whippersnapper." Ramos complimented. "Thank you! Espurr use Disarming Voice." I told Espurr. Espurr used the move, but then Jumpluff woke up! "Espurr use Psybeam!" I told Espurr. Espurr also used that move. "I wish I used Houndoom or Fluffy, but Fluffy is more of a pet and a performance partner than a battling partner." I thought. Psybeam had a direct hit and that was then Jumpluff used Vine Whip on Espurr sending it to the other side of the gym. Espurr was weakened and if I didn't do anything about it, it will faint. My train of thoughts were stopped by Gladion yelling in pain from my Lycanroc's bite, although it doesn't use the move in battle it only bites for defense. "You sure you're fine?" I asked my boyfriend. He nodded in response, but I think he just doesn't want me to worry about him. Then Espurr was hit with Acrobatics fainting it, I knew that I had to use Rapidash or Glaceon to help me win this, so I sent in Rapidash. "Rapidash use Flame Charge!" I told my Fire Horse partner. Adding the damage from Psybeam and Disarming to Flame Charge I landed a hit that fainted Jumpluff. Ramos sent out his Weepinbell. I told Rapidash to charge at it with Flame Charge, but then he told Weepinbell to use Poison Powder which poisoned Rapidash, Rapidash was suffering from it, but it stood its ground, it wanted to win, this was Rapidash first gym battle. "Now Rapidash use Flamethrower!" I told Rapidash. Ramos told Weepinbell to counter it with Razor Leaf. After another Flame Charge, Weepinbell fainted, but the Poison weakened Rapidash and I didn't wanted to hurt too much so I withdrew it and I told Glaceon to go on the field, Glaceon was in heat so it was moody and lazy. "Glaceon now is not the time to laze off, k. You'll have your 'fun' with Umbreon later." Leah told Glaceon. "Glace!" Glaceon enthusiastically said. The face Gladion did was priceless. "Umbre!" Umbreon enthusiastically said. "I wouldn't expect Umbreon to be excited that much for a battle in which Glaceon is battling in." Serena said. "Actually it's been like this for a while, Umbreon and Glaceon are in a relationship with each other." Lillie stated. "An Umbreon and a Glaceon mastered romance before Ash and Clemont did, I'm honestly not surprised." Bonnie said. "And then all of the sudden Ash will fall from the sky!" I told them jokingly referring to Gladion's comment he did on Poni Island before their battle, that got a lot of laughs from my friends. I get my thoughts back in order, and tell Glaceon to use Blizzard on Gogoat, which lands a critical hit. But Gogoat replied with Vine Whip, I tell Glaceon to dodge it and reply to Vine Whip with Ice Beam. It works, but then Glaceon gets hit with Grass knot, luckily Glaceon isn't that heavy, the harder they are the harder they fall, that's the tactic of Grass Knot. "Glaceon, jump and use Frost Breath!" I told Glaceon. Glaceon jumped and used Frost Breath which fainted Gogoat, earning me the Plant Badge. I thanked Ramos for the gym battle and joined my friends.

Third P.O.V

Leah won her gym battle and Lillie lost her Showcase, the next gym is in Lumiose City, but the encounter with Aria was odd enough, she'll maybe return, stay tuned as the journey continues!

I hope you guys aren't too shocked by Leah's 'special' permission that she gave Glaceon. Also I wanted you to know that Glaceon and Umbreon are like the Pokémon version of Toothless and Light Fury in Dragons. And with that Don't forget to leave a ❤ and I'll see you in the next chapter!