Chapter 14 Run Wild, Run Free, Veevee!

Thank you for reading this fanfic, it means a lot to me, there are no Clemont shenanigans, but don't worry they'll be a stupid invention in a future chapter.

Third P.O.V

On their way to Shalour City, our heroes finally arrived in Geosenge town. "Wow it's so calm!" Leah exclaimed. At those words Glaceon and Houndoom set themselves on a battle stance which the other partners did. Leah noticed it, "Hm what's wrong guys?" Leah said. "Glaceon, ceon!" Glaceon said. That's when an Ultra Wormhole appeared in the sky. "I hate to ruin the mood, but what the hell is that thing?" Korrina asked. "It's an Ultra Wormhole!" Lillie said. That's when UB02 Absorption appeared. Leah noticed Buzzwole. "Alright Houndoom, you know what to do!" Leah called out. "I'm not letting you battle that thing alone, Silvally!" Gladion said. "It's a Bug/Fighting type, it has a four times disadvantage to flying types!" Leah stated. Gladion gave the flying memory disk to Silvally. "Alright Houndoom, Mega Evolve!" Leah called out. "Silvally use Multi-Attack!" Gladion told Silvally. Buzzwole went to attack Houndoom with a Power-Up Punch. "Houndoom dodge it and use Fire Blast!" Leah told Houndoom. Buzzwole fainted as it returned to Ultra Jungles through its wormhole. Houndoom reverted back to its original form. "Well that was easy..." Leah said disappointed as she wanted a bigger challenge. "I don't see any excuses for it to be any harder, Leah." Korrina said. From a distance, Gurkinn watched the entire battle and therefore walked up to the group. "That was a fine battle you had there." Gurkinn told Leah and Gladion. Leah blushed in embarrassment, "Uh thanks." She said. Lillie was playing with Eevee and Snowy. "I'm not keen on bragging about my victories." Leah told Gurkinn. "Good, arrogance is an easy downfall, I like your mentality." Gurkinn told Leah. Houndoom was playing with Lillie and her Pokémon as for Glaceon it was sleeping next to Umbreon. "Glaceon sure sleeps a lot." Serena said. "Yeah, Glaceon loves sleeping, if it wanted to, it would sleep all day and all night." Leah explained. "I've never seen a Mega Houndoom even less a Houndoom in general as calm and gentle as this one." Gurkinn said. "Well in battle it isn't the most gentle Pokémon there is, but it is calm." Leah told Gurkinn. "For a Houndoom, you raised it very well." Gurkinn told Leah. "I'd like you to battle me, Leah." Gurkinn requested Leah. "Sure, if Houndoom is fine with it. And how do you know my name?" Leah said. "Simple, you're Korrina's older sister, I knew you when you were much younger, but I don't know you now." Gurkinn told Leah. "Well, I guess I could have a battle. What do you say Houndoom?" Leah said. Houndoom nodded. "Well then if Houndoom's fine with having another battle, then it's fine with me." Leah said. "I'll be the referee!" Bonnie exclaimed. "The battle between Leah and Gurkinn will begin, the battle will end when either sides can't continue. Battle Begin!" Bonnie said. "Alright Houndoom give 'em a fiery show!" Leah said. Gurkinn sent out his Lucario and Mega Evolved it. Leah Mega Evolved her Houndoom as golden beams started surrounding Houndoom, when the beams disappeared it revealed Mega Houndoom. "Now Houndoom use Fire Blast!" Leah told Houndoom.

-Timeskip to end of the battle 'cause I'm Lazy-

Then a wild Zoroark attacked. "Instead of attacking can we settle this like civilized people and Pokémon?" Leah said panting. "ZOROARK!" Zoroark yelled. "Can you at least tell me what's wrong?" Leah asked it calmly. "Zoroark, Zo!" Zoroark said. "So you're looking for your daughter, where did you last saw 'her'?" Leah asked. "Zoro, Zoroark!" Zoroark said. "Hm so she was last seen near Lumiose City..." Leah said. Leah had a moment of realisation, that's when it hit her. Leah gasped. "What's wrong?" Gladion asked. "Veevee is this Zoroark's daughter... I'd hate to say goodbye, but for the sake of Veevee, I'll have to..." Leah said as she sent out Veevee from its Pokéball. "Leah what do you mean?" Korrina asked. "Veevee you deserve your freedom, go ahead and be free, I won't stop you, I'll miss you, I guess that now this is goodbye... Know that even if I'm not by your side, I'll always be with you." Leah told Veevee before hugging Gladion and breaking down crying, Veevee gave Leah one last hug as it left with its father towards the mountains, leaving Leah's side.

"So what now?" Bonnie asked. "I dunno, how about we be lazy and do nothing!" Gladion suggested. "Great Idea!" Leah said. "I wonder, since you just recently gave Veevee its freedom, what are you gonna do now? You have an empty spot on your team." Serena told Leah. "Maybe Primarina will be a perfect fit for that spot." Leah told Serena. "That is a smart Idea, your starter does deserve a place on your team." Lillie told Leah. "Well yeah, I guess." Leah said, she still haven't gotten over Veevee's departure. "What about your Vulpix?" Gladion asked. "Oh Fluffy, it isn't much of a battler, but it is an amazing performer." Leah explained. "Wait you have a Vulpix?" Serena said. "Yeah, a Ninetales entrusted me with it when it was an egg. Who would've thought that it will hatch as a shiny." Leah said. The sun was setting, there was no way of going out in the dark so they decided to reside in a Pokémon Center for the night. Leah's Lycanroc and Gladion's Lycanroc were howling, Glaceon and Umbreon were sleeping, Houndoom and Silvally were listening to Leah and Gladion's conversation. "Remember when I told you I liked someone? Well you didn't let me finish." Leah started. "What do you mean?" Gladion asked. "Well you see, I had a crush on you not someone else, you're irreplaceable and I want to have a future with you, if it was someone else, I couldn't live with myself!" Leah confessed. Gladion was speechless. Leah finally confessed her feelings. Stay tuned as the journey continues!