Chapter 11 A Rocky Struggle

Third P.O.V

Our heroes just arrived in Cyllage City as Leah has more than one trick up her sleeve for the gym battle. Leah looked up noticing that she had to climb to get to the gym leader. "I have to climb that!" Leah exclaimed. "See ya up there Leah, we don't have to climb!" Korrina said playfully. "Alright then, Houndoom, Glaceon come in." Leah said as she sent in her partners. "Well let's get this over with. One, two, and three!" Leah said as she climbed the rock wall. She didn't want to admit it, but she was scared of heights, however, Leah doesn't freak out in fear, she feared more falling than the height itself. "I'm finally at the top!" She said panting. "Wow, you really need exercise!" Korrina told Leah playfully. "Haha, real funny, Kira!" Leah said. "Hello! I'm Leah of Mele Mele Island in the Alola Region!" Leah said playfully. "I'm Grant, the gym leader here, it is a pleasure to meet you, Leah." Grant said. "In my gym I allow the entire team to battle, I like seeing your Pokémon's potential." Grant said. "Well since you're a rock type gym leader, it'll be a walk in the park, but I won't underestimate you. Lycanroc, I choose you!" Leah said as Lycanroc appeared. Lycanroc jumped on Leah playfully and rubbed the rocks on Leah to show its affection. "I love you too, Lycanroc, now do your best in that battle!" Leah told her wolf Pokémon. "Do your best, Lycanroc and Leah!" Bonnie cheared. "Then my Pokémon will be Onix!" Grant said as Onix appeared. "Alright Lycanroc, use Stealth Rock!" Leah ordered her Wolf Pokémon. "Onix use Iron Tail!" Grant ordered his Pokémon. "Lycanroc dodge it and use Stone Edge!" Leah told Lycanroc. Stone Edge was a direct hit. "We're not giving up yet, Onix use Rock Throw!" Grant ordered Onix. "Lycanroc send it back with Iron Tail!" Leah exclaimed. And with that Onix was defeated. "Onix is unable to battle Lycanroc wins!" The referee said. "Lycanroc come in!" Leah said as she called back her Pokémon. "Glaceon, you know what to do!" Leah said as Glaceon ran on the battlefield. "Glace!" Glaceon said. "Do your best, Glaceon!" Leah told her partner. "Tyrunt, show your strength!" Grant said. "Hm, A Rock/Dragon type... I chose wisely, Glaceon use Hail!" Leah said. "Leah, activated Glaceon's snow cloak ability, I wonder what trick she has under her sleeves." Clemont said. "Use draco meteor!" Grant told Tyrunt. During the battle, a familiar female walked in the gym, she was wearing a reddish and pink outfit, she climbed the stairs to watch the battle. "Serena!" Bonnie exclaimed. "Who's battling?" Serena asked. "I'm Lillie, the trainer that is battling is Leah." Lillie said specifically. "Fridge! Glaceon, can you resist it?" Leah asked her partner. Too late Drago Meteor hit Glaceon fainting it. "Glaceon come in you did great." Leah said as she withdrew Glaceon. "Alright Veevee do your best!" Leah said sending out her Zorua. "Zo~rua!" Veevee said. "Veevee use Bite!" Leah exclaimed. Veevee used bite. "Alright throw it, Veevee!" Leah said. "Zo!" Veevee said as it threw Tyrunt on the other side of the gym. "She strong." Serena said. "Yeah, but with her strongest Pokémon unable to battle she'll have a lot of trouble." Korrina stated. "Not if she sends in Houndoom." Bonnie stated. "Yeah, but I think Leah has a trick or two in mind." Clemont said. "Tyrunt use Dragon Tail!" Grant ordered. "Veevee!" Leah exclaimed. Veevee didn't have a lot of HP left, but Leah didn't want to withdraw Veevee because Veevee wanted to win the battle. Leah pat Veevee, "Veevee get up please!" She said. Veevee got up, but it started glowing. Leah was speechless. "It's Evolving! It's Evolving!" Bonnie exclaimed with excitement. "Zoroark!" Veevee said. "I gotta admit, I didn't see that coming." Korrina admitted. "I knew Veevee was close to evolving, but not this close!" Clemont stated. "Leah doesn't accept defeat as an answer she will win this battle if it's the last thing she'll do!" Lillie stated. "Veevee use your illusion scenery to confuse Tyrunt and then strike with dark pulse!" Leah said. "Strategic yet effective, that's clever!" Clemont said. Veevee used Dark Pulse as it defeated Tyrunt. "Tyrunt is unable to battle, Zoroark wins! The victory goes to Leah, the challenger!" The referee said. "You did great Veevee!" Leah said as she withdrew Veevee. Grant gave Leah her gym badge as the group left the gym and went in a Pokemon Center. "So You caught an Alolan Vulpix on Mount Lanakila, 'cause you were hoping to battle the Alola Queen?" Leah asked Serena. "Yeah, I encountered that Vulpix when it was dancing on an Ice cold rock, but the other Vulpix were only attacking it." Serena stated. "I think I know which Vulpix you caught, its mother passed a year ago, it was Glaceon's mentor and an amazing mother." Leah explained. "But when Ninetales passed, the other Vulpix started bullying her baby because it was a shiny, it has a different fur color, so on behalf of Ninetales and Alola, I thank you for helping Vulpix." Leah said. "Also, You said you wanted to battle the Alola Queen, the one that won the Master Class Showcase in the Alola region?" Leah asked. "Yeah, but I got lost on Mount Lanakila." Serena said. "Serena, I know this sounds Far Fetched, but I'm the Alola Queen, in fact, that day I couldn't battle you because I had an important battle against a league challenger." Leah exclaimed. "That makes more sense now." Serena said. "If you want I can grant you that battle you wanted." Leah said. "I like triple battles though, triple the Pokémon, triple the fun!" Leah exclaimed. "Your Pokémon are all healthy!" Nurse Joy said. "Thank you, Nurse Joy!" Leah said cheerfully. "So, Serena, I challenge you to a Pokémon Battle!" Leah exclaimed. May the best performer win! Who will win the battle? Will Serena join Leah and her friends? The answer is in the next chapter! Stay tunned as the journey continues!