Chapter 8 Facing One's Fears

The group had encountered Penelope, a school teacher with a Sylveon. Penelope had challenged Leah to a Pokémon battle, which Leah chose Glaceon. "If you win you can continue your journey, if I win you'll have to come with me." Penelope said. "I'm quite strong, but either way even if I win, I may join you because I know you're a teacher." Leah said. "Leah that is extremely stupid!" Korrina told Leah. "Actually it isn't, Penelope is a Kindergarten teacher so she invites trainers that she meets to join her for a day at her school so that her students can see different Pokémon." Clemont said. "Alright, Glaceon use Hail!" Leah ordered her partner. "Glaceon's Ability is Snow Cloak, it boosts its evasion in a hail storm. Leah is quite clever to use this to her advantage." Clemont stated. "Sylveon use attract!" Penelope ordered her partner. "That won't work, Glaceon is a female, now Glaceon use Ice Beam!" Leah said. As said Attract didn't work as Glaceon used Ice Beam. "Sylveon use Moonblast!" Penelope told Sylveon. "Glaceon resist it!" Leah told Glaceon. When Moon Blast hit Glaceon, Leah activated her Icium-Z. "Time For A Z-Move!" She said. "Alright Subzero Slammer!" Leah exclaimed as Glaceon used the said Z-Move and defeated Sylveon. "That was a fun battle, but because I feel nice, I'll join you with my friends for today." Leah said motioning towards her friends. "Well then I'll lead the way!" Penelope said. "Between you and me, I know you're a teacher and you want your students to learn about different Pokémon species." Leah said. "How did you guess?" Penelope asked. "My adopted father is the teacher at the Pokémon Trainer School in Alola, I guessed easily." Leah stated. "And we are here!" Penelope said. "Kindergarten!" Leah said as she instantly got petrified. Penelope opened the school yard's door as Houndoom pushed Leah inside the school yard. Leah sighed, "Well since I'm here, Come On Out!" She said as she threw four Pokéballs, Lycanroc, Veevee, Ponyta, and Marvelle appeared. "Marvelle is merely just a backup partner in case one of Leah's other partners are injured or sick." Clemont explained. "Yeah, Leah is the nicest trainer I've met!" Bonnie said. "Aw, Thanks guys, I try my best!" Leah said blushing from embarrassment. A child looked at Houndoom amazed. "Wow is that a Houndoom?" She said. "Yep the one and only!" Leah said playfully. "Can I pet it? Please!" She begged. "Of course, Houndoom loves that!" Leah said, Houndoom kneeled down so the little girl can pet it. A female figure came out of the building, she was elderly. "I've never seen a Houndoom as calm and gentle as this one." She said. "You must be the principal, I'm Leah, Houndoom's trainer." Leah introduced. "Uh Leah, we have a little Team Skull problem here." Korrina told Leah. Leah sighed, "Well let's deal with this, I'll not let a villainous team ruin this." Leah said. Team Skull then came walking while doing their stupid dance moves towards Leah. "Quit that stupid dance Team Skull, you ain't gettin' anything from me, Houndoom use Fire Blast." Leah said as Houndoom sent Team Skull flying. "And that's how we do it down here!" Leah said playfully. "And yet you still manage to use song lyrics in these times." Korrina said playfully. "Hey what is that supposed to mean!?" Leah said playfully. "Nothing, you just have the ability to make something serious literally fun!" Korrina said. "And I have the ability to know that you have a crush on Clemont!" Leah said playfully as Korrina turned as red a tomato. "Come on, your Clamont fantasies aren't going to be real if you don't tell him how you really feel." Leah said turning serious all of the sudden. "What are you two talking about?" Bonnie asked barging in the conversation. "Clemont, we were just discussing how cute he is, Right Korrina!" Leah said making Korrina blush like all of hell has been loose. "Ooh, she likes him!" Bonnie exclaimed. "You know, I'm not leaving you alone with this!" Bonnie told Korrina in her lowest voice possible. Korrina groaned, "You've got to be kidding me..." She said. While the girls were playing matchmaker, Glaceon was having all the attention it wanted. Leah having to supervise her Pokémon, looked towards Glaceon who was enjoying itself with the attention the kids gave it. Leah rolled her eyes, "Glaceon is absorbed in its own appearance, just as always..." Leah said. "Glaceon is an Attention Hog, it loves the attention." Lillie stated. "Pretty much!" Leah replied. "If only we can understand what it is saying..." Bonnie said as Clemont bursted in with a new invention. "THE FUTURE IS NOW THANKS TO SCIENCE! CLEMONTIC GEAR ON!" He yelled. "Clemont if you keep yelling like that, you'll cause an earthquake!" Leah told him. "I knew we'd encounter a situation like this, so I dubbed the Pokémon Translator!" He said. "You really need to work on the name." Leah said coldly. "I agree." Bonnie said agreeing with Leah. "Let's test this out!" Clemont said. "Uh oh..." Leah sighed in annoyance. Clemont shoved a microphone like thing near Glaceon in hopes of having a correct translation. "I'll tell you if the translation is correct." Leah said annoyed. The children were playing with Glaceon to its pure beloved desire. "Glaceon, Glace, Glaceon, Ceon, Ceon, Glaceon!" Glaceon exclaimed. "I know, I'm fabulous, adorable, and amazing! But my beloved trainer is the one to give credit, for she is the one that made me such an adorable and amazing Pokémon!" Clemont's machine said. "That's exactly what Glaceon said!" Leah exclaimed. "It worked!" Korrina and Bonnie exclaimed. "Let's see if it lasts..." Leah said coldly. "Don't ruin this for him!" Korrina told Leah. After a minute, the invention exploded. "Well you had a start..." Leah stated. Glaceon got mad because the explosion ruined its fabulousness. "Glaceon, Glace, Glaceon!" Glaceon exclaimed angry as it froze its fur and tackled Clemont and ran towards Leah for comfort. Leah pat her partner as she grabbed a brush out of her bag and started brushing Glaceon's fur 'till there were no curls left. "The explosion pissed her off, next time try to remember Glaceon's love for the spotlight." Leah said as she pat Glaceon's head. And with that the group continued their journey towards Cyllage City. "What was that massive attitude change?" Korrina asked Leah. "Oh that my mood swings gosh dang it PMS got me hard again!" Leah said.

Sorry if this took so long to update, school was demanding and while updating this, I'm at my end of the year trip, Anywhom, I hope you enjoyed the fanfic so far and don't forget to leave a ❤.