Chapter 18 Useless fighting is Useless!

Third P.O.V

On their way to Coumarine City our heroes are at Route 12. Lillie is planning on catching a new Pokémon partner, if only that was possible with Lusamine's squealing. Yeah, she followed our heroes. "I doubt that all this squealing will help you find a Pokémon..." Leah said blocking her ears from all that noise. Glaceon made her stop by freezing her. "Thank you Glaceon, but now what?" Leah told her partner. "How about you unfreeze her? Is that possible?" Gladion asked. "Yeah, Ponyta use Flamethrower!" Leah told Ponyta. "And now she's on fire..." Gladion said stating the obvious. Leah sent out Primarina. "Primarina just use Sparkling Aria..." Leah said annoyance dripping from her voice. Lusamine didn't stop squealing. Lillie lost her patience with Lusamine. "Mother can you be quiet!?" She said. "Skitty!" Skitty exclaimed as it jumped out of the bushes and started playing with Eevee and Snowy. "Vee!" Eevee said. "Vulpix, Pix!" Snowy said. "Skitty!" Skitty said. Skitty looked at Lillie. "Ski?" It said. "Skitty!" Skitty exclaimed. "It seems like Skitty wants you to be its trainer." Leah said. Lillie grabbed a Pokéball and showed it to Skitty, which Skitty gladly accepted to join Lillie. The Pokéball flickered and then Sparkled indicating that Skitty was caught. Lillie sent out Skitty. "Leah I'd like to have a rematch from our Previous battle!" Lillie told Leah. "What do you say Ponyta!?" Leah told her Horse Pokémon. Ponyta neighed. "Alright then Ponyta it is!" Leah said. Eevee ran on the field. "Eevee wants to battle so I'll go with Eevee!" Lillie said. "Alright Ponyta let's boost your speed, use Flame Charge!" Leah told Ponyta. "Eevee dodge it and use Swift!" Lillie told Eevee. "Ponyta, dodge it and use flame charge again!" Leah told Ponyta. This time Ponyta's speed increased drastically and hit Eevee. "Eevee!" Lillie exclaimed. "Lillie can Eevee still battle?" Leah asked Lillie. Eevee got up, "Eevee!" Eevee said. "Good! Ponyta use Flamethrower!" Leah told Ponyta. "Dodge it Eevee and use Quick Attack!" Lillie told Eevee. Eevee hit Ponyta with quick attack. "Ponyta use Flame Charge!" Leah told Ponyta. "Eevee dodge it!" Lillie told Eevee. Ponyta's Speed stat increased even more drastically. It increased so much that it triggered Ponyta's evolution. Ponyta glowed blue as it changed form. Everyone gasped, "It's evolving!" Everyone said. It revealed a newly evolved Rapidash. Rapidash neighed. "Alright Rapidash use-" Leah said before being interrupted by Team Skull. "Oh well, Glaceon use Blizzard on those Team Skull dumbasses!" Leah told Glaceon. Glaceon used Blizzard and it sent them flying well somewhere. "We'll catch up on that battle some time later on." Leah told Lillie. "Though I like the improvements you did!" Leah said. A very bratty girly girl came by to annoy Leah. "Hey Guys!" She said with a teenage attitude. "Oh Em Gee, If it Isn't Leah and her gang of weirdos! I bet that you're up to some weird stuff!" She said with her three friends laughing with her. "Hello Annabelle, Laura, Daisy, and Maya, I bet that with that much makeup you'll end up looking like an Ultra Beast, therefore whatever weird things I'm up to are way better than staring at a mirror trying to get that itty bitty useless part of makeup perfect!" Leah told them. "Puh-lease, It's not us that hangs out with the most hated kid in the school, like get a life or something!" Annabelle told Leah. "At least we're not spoiled brats like you are!" Lillie told the mean girls. "You were much better when you weren't hanging out with emo here, you were much easier to manipulate." Daisy told Leah. "Leafeon!" Daisy's Leafeon said sass dripping from its voice. Maya spoke up, "You girls are putting us in a situation you may not like, we have four strong trainers vs girls like us, we won't win!" Maya said. "Shut it would you!" Annabelle told Maya. "Maybe If you treated your friends better maybe they won't talk behind your back!" Leah told Annabelle. "Since you messed with our stuff, A Pokémon Battle will suffice to prove my point!" Annabelle said. "Okay, and if you lose?" Leah asked her. "Then I'll admit that you were right." Annabelle said. "It's on!" Leah said. "Also one more thing, our friends will have to battle!" Annabelle said. "Oh Great! We're battling the Alola League champion, two gym leaders and the dude that made the finals in the Alola league! Yeah, like we're totally gonna win!" Maya said. "Well since you have two gym leaders maybe it should be fair, if blondy here battles with you!" Annabelle said motioning towards Lillie. "Me? But I can't battle like Leah and Gladion!" Lillie said. "We'll back you up, Lillie!" Leah said. Maya sighed, "Smolder just do what you can, k." She told her Kantonian Vulpix. "Vul!" Smolder said. "Leafeon, show them what you got!" Daisy told Leafeon. "Leafe!" Leafeon said. "Glameow, I choose you!" Laura said. "And now my Pokémon! Hahaha! Go now my beauty, Dragonair!" Annabelle called out. "That's it just a simple Dragonair, that's why you freaked out? You realize that Silvally can change types at will, Snowy and Glaceon are Ice types so you're practically gonna lose!" Leah told Annabelle. "Well that's my only Pokémon!" Annabelle told Leah. "Yeah whatever." Leah told her. "Go Glaceon, show then you icy power!" Leah told Glaceon. The battle began. "Glameow use Scratch!" Laura told Glameow. "Glaceon dodge it and use hail!" Leah to Glaceon. "Snowy use Aurora Veil!" Lillie told Snowy. Snowy and Glaceon did what they were told. "Lucario use Power-Up Punch on Glameow!" Korrina told Lucario. "Dragonair use Dragon Tail on Silvally!" Annabelle told Dragonair. "Silvally has the fairy memory Dragon Tail is useless!" Leah said. "Silvally use Multi-Attack on Dragonair!" Gladion told Silvally. After a while of battling, Leah's side comes out of this as the ones claiming victory. "Ok you were right, NOT!" Annabelle said as she started laughing with Laura and Daisy joining in. Maya, however, mouthed "I'm sorry." The three girls left, as for Maya she decided to stay longer. "Thank you so much for shutting them, they can be so mean for no reason at times." Maya told the group. "No Problem, Maya. Say if you don't like your friend circle why are you with them anyway?" Leah asked. "Because I have terrible battling skills and they're better than I am, even if Smolder does what she can to help." Maya stated. "You know, It's not just the strength of the Pokémon that counts in a Pokémon battle, but the strategy you use and the strength of the trainer combined will make you a great battler." Leah told Maya. "Thank You, Leah. Oh and Lilllie, we may not be friends, but we aren't enemies either!" Maya said. "We're rivals then!" Lillie said. "But for now, it's a see ya!" Maya said before joining her "friends".

And so with this little inconvenience, Lillie found herself a rival, will Maya be able to break through and tell her "friends" how she really feel about them? And how will this affect Lillie? We'll find out as the journey continues!