(12): In Your Feels

"What? Winnie? You're only a freshman?" I gape looking at the red-haired girl like she's just grown a third head.

She giggles "Yeah. I only came this semester"

"But how? You know this place better than I do"

"I told you that I knew Nico and Kyle before this, right?" She asks and I nod "They're in their third semester now so previously I used to come and visit them so yeah"

"She acts old for her age too, right?" Dee asks looking teasingly at her girlfriend.

I nod interested, crossing my legs in front of me "You're like what? 17?"

Winnie nods sheepishly "Yeah. But I'll be turning 18 in December so I'm almost an adult"

"What semester are you in?" Dee asks me.

"2nd. Kat and I. What semester is everyone else?"

"I'm the same as you, and Kyle, Nico and Nathan are in third" Dee replies.

Wow. I really knew nothing about these people.

I have a break for a few minutes before the rest of my classes for today resume. Luckily I bumped into these two because Kat was still in hers, and we've just been speaking about nothing in particular, while sitting on the famous lunch spot grass.

I learned that they've been together for only 2 months and Dee was the one who initiated the relationship. Dee also informed me that she was fully lesbian, while Winnie is just bi. It was a really interesting conversation. They seem very much crazy about each other, making me think of the sad boy that is Nicholas.

"So, how's Kyle?" Winnie asks laying her head down on Dee's lap against the grass "Is the living situation getting better?"

I snort "Kind of. I mean we still argue all the time but I guess I'm used to it by now"

"So let's say you had the choice to move out. Would you?" Dee asks curiously.

That is a very good question.

"I don't think so" I murmur after a while of thinking about it "I mean the guy is insufferable but I don't think I'd want to move out"

I think I weirdly like his company.

Winnie laughs "I know what you mean. He's rude but still so likable. I don't know how he does it"

"I know, right?" I basically shout because she just took the words from my mouth "It's like... I still want to carry on the conversation even if he's being rude half of the time"

They both laugh.

"So, uh, what's his story?" I ask warily, taking my chances

Winnie looks at me awkwardly and apologetically "I think if you want to know things about him, he's the only one that can tell you. Sorry"

I had a feeling she would say that.

"No, it's fine" I wave her off "I was just curious, I guess. I mean the guy really doesn't give much away, huh?"

"He's like that. He likes his privacy"

"I've noticed" I murmur before looking ahead of me. I spot Noah walking with his roommate, Jay, and I gulp inwardly. I haven't seen him since...