(45): Family Background

"Did you guys know that Winnie had a little sister?" I ask the gang who is too busy focused on the tv.

"You mean Willow? That little monster" Nick grumbles.

So they do hate each other.

I giggle "She's a sweetheart"

"Winnie, you have a sister?" Kat asks surprised and she nods "Its getting bad that I don't know a lot about you guys. I mean we've been together for almost four months now"

"Same" I agree thoughtfully.

"Should we do like a family background thing?" Winnie suggests and we all nod.

Thank goodness Kyle isn't here for this. This was going to get very awkward for him considering he has a very colorful family background. He went to go take a shower.

"I'll go first" Nick announces with his hand raised "So uh, mom passed away when I was younger so I have a stepmom. Don't worry, she's amazing"

"Nick..." I gape shocked and sad.

I think Kat already knew because she doesn't look surprised at all. Just kind of sad.

He smiles "It's okay, little Chels. Anyways I have an older sister, her name is Lena. We obviously have the same mom. My dad and my stepmom don't have any children together so yeah, it's just us"

"Wow" I breathe still shocked at everything.

I cannot believe how much I don't know these people.

Nick smiles at me, cause it's pretty obvious I'm the only one who didn't know. He gives me a 'you can ask me everything later' look and I smile back tightly.

Poor Nicky.

"Okay, I'll go" Winnie says "I have two parents and a younger sister. Her name is Willow and she's adopted. She's been with us ever since she was one and she's amazing. My parents just sort of fell for her at first sight. I don't really know whose idea it was to adopt and why but I can't complain because as I said... she's amazing"

I smile.

"Woah Winnie, I had no idea" Kat murmurs softly.

"It's okay" Winnie dismisses with a smile.

"Well my family background is pretty boring compared to all of y'alls" Kat jokes lightly and we all breathe a laugh "Anyways. I have two married parents and I'm the only child"

"That's it?" Nick teases.

Kat rolls her eyes flipping him off "Yes that's it Nicholas"

We all laugh.

"Okay, my turn" I announce softly "I have two parents and they've been divorced since I was like four. Anyways my dad remarried to this woman called Josie who used to he horrible to me. My dad wasn't in my life for like three years because of her. They have a nine year old son together, my brother Christian and they're expecting a girl anytime now"

"Chels..." Nathan utters.

I remember mentioning the story to the others so they're not very surprised, just still kind of sad at the reminder.

"Don't worry, Josie and I kind of patched things up" I assure with a smile.

He smiles at me "Good"

Aww. He cares.

"Babe... your turn" Kat says softly after a while of silence, her arm around his shoulder. I have a bad feeling about what he's going to tell us.

Nathan gulps, his eyes distant.