(56): Broken

Kyle's POV.

She's still not up and I'm losing my mind.

Dad and Zach will fucking pay for this, even if it's the last thing I do. I've never hated anyone as much as I hate them right now. They tapered with the brakes of my car and I know it. It was them! They will pay for hurting my Chelsea-Anne. Mine!

Were they trying to hurt just me or the two of us? Do they realize that we could've died? That... that she could die? That car crash was no child's play. Fucking hell, I can't believe them.

It's been two days now and Chelsea-Anne is still unconscious. Why wasn't I the one injured? Why her? I could've handled it. Not her. She's innocent. She didn't deserve to be dragged into this fucking mess.

It's all my fault.

It killed me to see her in the ambulance and then later the hospital bed. She is so badly injured- she looked fucking dead. God it broke me to pieces. She has scars, open wounds and bruises all over her exposed body and face. There is a bandage wrapped around her head because of all the bleeding, which is very bad thing. It killed me so bad. I even almost cried for the first time since I was in middle school. She doesn't deserve this at all. I do.

I knew I should've stayed away from her. I bring nothing but trouble. Fuck.! Now she's in the hospital bed fighting for her life. All because of me! Because I was too selfish to see her with anyone else... because I lov- liked her that much. I want to regret it, God do I want to, but I can't. Not even if I tried. She's brought nothing but joy in my bleak life. She makes me a better person, she brightens up my day. She's everything to me. She can't die! I refuse!

I fucking refuse!

The doctor said she wasn't doing too well and it took all my willpower not to breakdown and cry like a little bitch. Fuck, this shit hurts like crazy. Please Jesus, I can't lose her. Not to my fucking brother and father. To anyone else but them. Please.

"I think you should go back to the apartment and take a shower" Winona says softly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head "No"

"Kyle, you've been here for two days. You haven't eaten, showered, nothing. Please, Chels wouldn't like this" She begs desperately.

"What if she wakes up?" I snap "I have to be here"

"I'll call you, I promise" She assures.

I sigh defeated "Okay, who are you going to be left with? I don't want to leave you alone"

"No worries. Nick, Nathan, Kat and her new friend... Avery are on their way"

"Okay" I murmur getting up slowly.

She hands me her keys "You can take my car. No need for a cab"

I smile lightly.

"I love you, okay?" She says softly with a concerned smile.

"Love you too"

I look around at the waiting room once more before making my way out. I quickly locate Winona's red car before entering and driving away. I haven't driven since the accident so I'm still kind of on edge. I manage to calm myself down though. As much as I know it wasn't my fault we crashed, I still feel like a fucking monster.

The 'accident'. Everyone thinks it was just that but I know it wasn't. I couldn't bring myself to tell the others that my dad was behind it. How would they look at me? Would they blame me like I blame myself? I couldn't stomach the thought.

It was so bad. One minute Chelsea-Anne and I were in the car with me driving and listening to her sing along to her stupid songs... then we were about to approach a red light and I pressed on my brakes and nothing was happening. I pressed harder and still nothing, if anything the car started going faster. Chelsea-Anne is screaming at me. Next thing I know I pass the red light and a car coming from my right approaches at a fast pace and hits mine from the passengers side sending Chelsea-Anne and I flying.