(47): Confession Session

where are you guys reading from?

***

10!"

It took me forever to finally enter because there was a crowd by the door that just wouldn't move. I finally managed to get past them.

"9!"

I'm freaking out because I can't find Kyle or any of my friends in this busy and loud place. Why is everything annoying me? Ugh, Zorro really did ruin my night.

"8!"

"Chels, there you are"

Finally. I smile relieved when I see Kat and Nathan holding hands.

"7!"

"Where were you. Kyle was looking for you" Nathan tells me after he's excitedly counted down the latest number.

He was?

"6!"

Before I answer, Kat starts to shoo me away "Go find him. It's almost time. I know you two want to kiss"

"5!"

I can't help but smile as she winks at me reassuringly.

"4!"

This is it. I'm going to kiss Kyle. I don't care what happens. I'm going to put it all on the table. It's not even the alcohol saying this, I'm completely sober at this point. That conversation with Zorro did that to me.

"3!"

I literally start running and shoving everyone that's in my way as I make my way to where we were standing. I doubt he moved.

I can't even focus on anything else that's going on. I think I spot Nick but I'm too distracted. All I know is that I have to find Kyle. I have to kiss him. His lips have to be how I start my new year.

"2!"

Oh my gosh! Where is he?! I start to run faster and breathe relieved when I see his blonde hair three feet away from me. I calm myself down and quickly fix myself as I walk there.

"1!"

I get closer as I come at different angle and see that he's with a girl. Angeline. He looks to be saying something to her but she's too busy happily counting down with the crowd with her hand on his shoulder.

I freeze in my spot. What's happening?

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

And then my worst nightmare comes true... her lips connect with his and it literally feels like I've just been stabbed with a knife in my stomach as the world stops.

I look away as quickly as I can after I've just registered the awful sight as my gaze starts to blur with tears. I don't want to blink but I do and a single tear falls down my cheek before they all start falling down rapidly. I numbly start to walk away. I don't know where I'm going but I just want to get out of here.

It hurts so much.

So that's the girl I know well that he was talking about? Because she used to be a frequent visitor at the apartment? Oh god. How stupid could I have been thinking it was me? Kyle could never like me.

"Little Chels!"

I don't look back when I hear Nick call my name.

He catches up to me and turns me around. I'm greeted by a confused and concerned face "Chels? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I shake my head, words refusing to leave.

"Chels?" He says softly "Speak"

"Hey y'all! Chels, did you get your new years kiss from-" Kat stops mid-rant when she sees my face "Oh god, what's wrong?"