(33): The Story Of RJ

I'm in a good mood right now so here you guys go. 🤪

***

You're not telling me this cause you're high, right? You actually want to?" I ask slowly; cautiously.

He shrugs "I'm not that high now. And you deserve to know. I mean, you've basically met all my family and you're very much involved now"

"I've been saying this" I mutter jokingly.

"Ha-ha" He deadpans dryly "Anyways, after my conversation with Zach I realized just how involved you are. They're crazy"

I gulp scared.

"They won't do anything" He assures when he sees my facial expression "I promise"

"Okay" I squeak.

"I had a sister" He starts off slowly; pained, as he visibly swallows a lump "Her name was Riley Jane, but I called her RJ"

He's actually telling me about her.

I sure hope I won't be crying by the end of it. Or he won't. It looks like the topic really pains him a lot. I can only imagine how much. Poor Kyle.

"You actually called someone by a nickname" I can't help but smile, just to make the mood lighter.

He must've really loved her.

He laughs softly "Yeah"

I wonder if I should tell him that I knew. I think I'll tell him later on.

"I won't go in detail, I'll just give you like a brief summary" He announces looking away from me and at the view. I can't help but frown slightly because I really wanted to see his face.

"Okay"

"Uhm, mom and I... we helped her run away"

I can't help but breathe relieved "Wait, you know where she is?"

"Wait, you know she's missing?" He accuses.

Uh oh.

"Your dad mentioned it" I half-lie.

"Off course he did" He mutters before looking at me. Yay. "Anyways that's not the full story, so you shouldn't be getting excited"

Oh no.

"Oh" I trail off.

"By the way, you should try not to interrupt me. I know it'll be hard for you to go that long without speaking but try" He jokes to which I just roll my eyes with a small smile.

At least he's joking around.

"Fine"

"Mom and I helped RJ run away. She was starting to lose her mind slowly but surely because of dad's way and so we wanted to help. Had to. I remember I found so many pills in her room this other time. I was scared she was going to commit suicide" He gulps, his eyes looking away and at me as I frown sadly.

"Anyways it was her idea. She said she had a plan. She would run away to Italy. She gave us the address and everything we needed if we ever wanted to contact her. She knew some people there so we knew she would be safe.

Mom and I arranged everything for her. Her flight and some money and how she would stay in hiding. We also made sure that dad and Zach wouldn't find out before it happened. Finally the day came for her departure, the three of us said our final goodbyes. We weren't that saddened because I mean, she had given us her new contact details so we would stay updated"