music making

You were in Julliard, studying more about music. your currently in class listening to what your professor was talking about, your next assignment.

"okay class, your next assignment will be 25% of your grade so listen closely. i have chosen each of you a partner, and you both will have to create a song. i know it's easy to write the lyrics, but you have to have 2 or more instruments involved, with sheet music. this will be due in 2 months because i know a lot of you are busy with your other classes since it is second semester." your professor said.

"now, the partners....." as he called out everyone's names, you weren't paying attention until you heard yours.

"miss y/l/n and mr. pope"

as soon as you heard your name you looked around and saw a familiar face look at you. he was a decently attractive boy with blonde hair, slightly tanned skin and round silver glasses. you've seen him in the halls, sometimes in the library or the music room on the piano and he's really good.

"okay class, get brainstorming!" your teacher yelled as he moved back to his desk.

"hi there, i'm daniel pope, you can call me danny" the nice boy say down beside you and held out his hand.

you held onto his hand and gave it a shake. you introduced yourself's, learning more about one another to get a vibe for the song.

the past 2 months you've been going to his dorm every Monday, Wednesday & Friday, sometimes Sundays to practice and improve the lyrics. you both have grown to have a very strong & close friendship.

you've been having a really good time with him, he's a kind guy & very talented. it was now one of your last practices before you had to showcase the song to your class.

but today was the day of you & danny's presentation. to say you were nervous was an understatement.

"you ready? we got this, i believe in us. don't worry" danny said looking at you from the piano while you held your cello.

"okay, lets do it" you smiled as you looked at him start the song.

both of your voices blending and complimented each-other perfectly. the instruments made both of your voices more magical.

after about 3 minutes the song then ended with the instruments stopping, and it was just you & danny's voices together. you both looked up at each-other and smiled brightly.

you both have been working on this non-stop for 2 months on this and it definitely payed off.

you put the cello in the case, walked over to danny and bowed with him as the class stood up and applauded.

you both then went and sat down in your seats as a couple other groups went. you kept glancing into danny's direction unintentionally, or maybe not.

the bell rang and everyone left the class. you went in the hallway and found danny at his locker. you ran up to him.

"hey, today went really well. i'm happy you were my partner for the project danny" you said and smiled at him.

"my pleasure was all mine y/n. we need to write more music together soon, how about... tomorrow? meet me at my dorm at 11:30am?" he said as he looked at you with hopeful eyes.

"yeah, 11:30am tomorrow it is" you both shook hands and made it official.

you both said your goodbyes and you left his locker. before you could open the doors to leave the building you felt your left arm being pulled back. you twirled around to soon find yourself in danny's embrace.

you blushed as he pulled you closer, and you chuckled a bit.

"i'll see you tomorrow miss y/l/n" then he walked the opposite direction.