library boy : 5

To say you were sad was an understatement. it's been a few weeks since you last saw mike, when you hugged on your driveway. he hasn't been to the library since the day after & you were worried. you didn't know a lot of things about him but he's still your friend, so it's not a bad thing to be worried about him, right?

you sat in the same spot you always did, looking around the library, waiting for him to show up. after waiting for 30 minutes you decided to leave. today you were volunteering at the theatre downtown to get some of your hours for school. thankfully you had your bike with you which made getting there much faster so you wouldn't be late.

you soon arrive at the theatre, making your way inside. there was a small lobby with concession, coat racks & a hallway that lead to the bathrooms. in front of you was the main double doors to enter inside the theatre. you waited around for a worker to be able to tell you what to do but for about 10 minutes no one came, so you walked into the theatre. you sat down on one of the velvet seats & noticed 2 people sitting near the stage with clipboards.

they didn't seem to notice you so you kept quiet, wondering what was going on. you then heard a familiar name be called out by one of the clipboard people. your eyes traveled to the stage where you saw mike, mike. you quietly gasped, confusion written on your face. he was wearing a plaid dress shirt, nice pants and a red tie. he stated his name & walked to the piano, sitting down & preparing to play.

"he plays the piano?" you mumbled as you watched him play so gracefully, his fingers dancing on the keys in a beautiful way.

your eyes were concentrated on his face, the concentration & nervousness was evident in his facial features. once he finished the piece he left out a sigh & stood up, getting ready to leave the stage but the 2 people at the front stopped him. while he was talking to them his eyes suddenly drifted to yours, which made his breath hitch.

the people at the front looked confused as he looked at you, guilt & confusion on his face. the people then looked back towards your direction but you quickly ducked, so you wouldn't get into trouble. you peaked your eyes up & saw him say his goodbyes, quickly looking at you before walking off stage.

you quickly left the theatre & walked into the lobby, seeing the helper you were looking for.

"hey kiddo! sorry but today there are auditions for Juilliard being held here today, but you can come back sometime this week to help. bye kid" the man said to you before walking back into his office.

you sighed & walked back to your bike, seeing mike standing outside.

"you play the piano?" you asked him.

"y-yeah. i really like music-"

"your going all the way to New York?" you asked in disbelief.

"it's my dream" he said staring at his shoes.

"what's up with you mike? you've been mia for the past month & you haven't been seen anywhere! i asked people around town but they said they hadn't seen you. why?" you asked him, walking closer to him.

"i was busy preparing with my music teacher from school i'm sorry, this was more important-" you pulled him into a hug, not wanting to let go.

"mike, i'm happy for you. i truly am, you just made me worried. i-i thought you left or some shit. please don't do that again. your my only friend, your all i got" you said in his arms.