i'm not over you

You sat in your seat in your history class, anxiously waiting for the bell to ring. you couldn't stop fidgeting with you pencil as your teacher went on about how the earth was created & what not. you just needed to get home so you didn't have to see river.

you & river broke up after a 2 year relationship a couple months ago. it broke you cause you lost someone you cared about so deeply, but he seemed unfazed by it. a couple weeks after you broke up he found someone new, seeming to have moved on from you in just a snap. it shattered your heart to see him holding hands, giving cheek kisses & hugging another girl.

you tell yourself to look away whenever you see them walking down the hall or at lunch, but you still look. every time you do your heart just breaks even more. you know that he can do what he wants with who ever but... it stills hurts you. he used to be yours, now he's someone else's, the feeling of that for foreign to you.

the bell soon rang & you sprung from your seat, racing out of the class to your locker across the school. you walked as fast as you could through the sea of people & you soon successfully made it to your locker. once you grabbed your stuff from it you bolted out the school doors, bumping into someone.

"shit" you mumbled, picking up your math textbook that fell from your grasp.

"sorry about th-" you said, stopping yourself as you realized who it was.

"it's fine, don't worry about it y/n/n" river said, looking at you once more before heading up the stairs.

he looked at you once more, his fake smile dropping once he took in your state. you looked the exact definition of gloom & sad, opposite of what you normally look like. you usually look like you could light up a room with your presence but you look like a rain cloud. you continued to look at him, feeling a couple tears fall from your cheeks. you wiped them away & continued out of the school.

you walked as fast as you could home, heading immediately to your room. he continued to look at you as you paced away from the building, feelings of guilt & sadness overcame him as he stared at you until he walked back up the stairs. once you were inside your room you pulled out a box of photos of him, notes, memories & just anything that had to do with you & river's relationship from your closet.

"i'm not over you" you whispered, staring at a photo of him you took on a trip you both took about a year ago.

"why am i not over you?"

sorry i haven't been updating loves, school is really hard right now but winter break is soon!! which means more time for me to update!