coco butter kisses

You just got back home from a long day at work, needing to relax after today's stress. unlocking the door you were immediately greeted by your small corgi named charlie, his tail wagging crazy as he kissed you messily on your cheeks which made you laugh.

"hi charlie baby, i missed you too. where's river huh?" you said as you gave charlie some affection like scratching his head & pressing a kiss to his head before he ran to the hallway.

you smiled at him as he entered the room again in rivers arms. river looked at you happily before letting charlie down to roam the house.

"hey sweetheart, you okay?" river asked as he pulled you for a warm hug.

you just sighed & melted into his arms, closing your eyes while breathing in his cologne like it was routine.

"it was just a rough day, but i'm home. i missed you today bubba" you said, nuzzling your face into his chest more.

"i missed you too, i had to leave early to get a new script & some more food for the house & c" he said, running his fingers up & down your back as you both swayed in the living room of your home.

"you know? i'd love to spend some us time tonight. does that sound okay?" you asked him.

"that sounds great love. you go wash up & i'll put charlie in his cage with his food & stuff for the night. i'll meet you up there alright?" he said, looking at your face.

"yeah" you whispered as you gave him a kiss, closing your eyes in bliss.

"hey, save that for later" he said jokingly as he let you go.

you just chuckled & shook your head, heading for the bathroom. after showering, blow drying your hair to be as soft as the sheets on your bed & doing your skin routine you decided on what to wear. you choose one of your very oversized sweatshirts & some cozy shorts.

you played some light relaxing music in the background as you laid flat on your back on the bed, feeling your body ease into a chilled state. the door soon opened & you sat up smiling at river as he walked closer to you.

"hi sweetheart" he whispered as he laid back on the bed.

"hi love" you said back in the same tone.

you both went underneath the covers to get warmed up. your head was on rivers bare chest, your fingers touching his skin drawing random patterns. his right arm wrapped around your back & massaged your waist, rising the sweatshirt material to touch your skin.

you both were in complete bliss in the moment.  

"you okay y/n?" he asked you.

"yeah, i'm good riv" you said warmly smiling against his chest.

he then raised your head to face his & kissed you softly. you moved to be more comfortable under the sheets, sitting on his lap as his hands held your waist. you depend the kiss by leaning forward & steadying yourself by placing a hand on the base of his neck & one on his cheek.

he pulled you closer to him & smiled into the kiss making your stomach flip. your heart beat was currently racing as his hands moved up & down your waist. you knew you both needed to get some air before you both passed out so you moved your lips away, smiling as he moved to find your lips again.

"hey come on, that was perfect" he said, caressing your cheek.

"mhmm" you said, returning to his lips to give him a quick peck.

"wait" he pulled your face back to his & kissed you again, sucking on your bottom lip. he moved away & pondered for a moment.

"is that coco butter lip balm?" he asked.

"yes it is" you chuckled.

"wear it more often" he said before kissing you again to taste your sweet lips, your sweet coco buttered lips.