cherry & pine road

You stared at him once again from across the cafeteria. his blue eyes, effortlessly swopped blonde hair & his smile always caught your eye. his name was chris chambers. in castle rock him & his family has been known as the 'bad & reckless' people in town, but you don't think about that when you look at him.

you've known him since the sixth grade when you moved to castle rock with your aunt julie after your parents abandoned you. you hated them for it & you haven't talked about it since it happened, you haven't even talked about it to your aunt. you've had a rough past but you hope to forget all about it this coming school year.

your currently a sophomore at 'castle rock high' & it's been the same as it always has been. you made friends, they slowly started to not have lunch with you or hangout with you after school, you make small talk in classes & the halls & now you don't even see them. it's the 'friendship' cycle for you. you don't mind being on your own but damn, it sure gets boring.

your currently sitting at one of the many tables in the caf, but alone. no one wants to sit with you but it isn't a big deal, right?

"awh y/n! how have you been?" claire, one of your ex-friends says, walking towards you with a couple others.

"good, great. how bout you" you say bluntly.

"oh it's been amazing! i finally got the quarter-back to ask me out! he's so amazing & definitely ho-" you cut her off.

"why the fuck would i care about you dating some jock who only wants to get in your pants claire? why are you here?" you said clearly annoyed.

"i see you still haven't lost your virginity yet huh y/n? or are you just pissed cause your on your period?" she says as she laughs with the others around her.

"fuck you, i don't know why i ever talked to you" you mumbled.

"what did you say bitch?!" she yelled as he came closer to you with her nail file.

"go. away" you said.

"no" she said coming closer.

"i have one last question. how's your mom & dad doing?" she glared at you smirking while the other girls laughed.

you tried your best not to burst into tears or to punch her. you bite on the inside of your cheek while everyone in the cafeteria stared at you.

"claire leave her alone for god sakes!" someone said coming closer to your table.

"what did you say chambers?" she walked towards him.

"i said... leave her the fuck alone. you got that?" he said with anger in his voice.

she walked away in a huff, the other girls following her out of the cafeteria. chris walked over to you & sat beside you.

"you okay y/n?" he asked you sincerely, looking at your arm to see a file mark.

"yeah, i'm fine-wait... you know my name?" you mumbled to him.

"yeah of course i do. i know we don't talk but i wouldn't forget your name. it's a pretty one" he mumbled the last part but it made you slightly blush.

"what's up with her anyway" he asked you.

"she just wants attention, that's all claire always wants" you shook your head trying to get her off your mind but what she said kept repeating.

"y/n... you sure your okay?" chris asked again but not quietly, almost whispering to you as he placed his hand on your back, gently rubbing to try to help calm you down.

"i'm not okay, but it's okay" you said in the same tone, looking at him.

"if you uh-ever need someone to talk to or something to hangout with... i'm here. same with those goofs over there" he said pointing to teddy, vern & gordie.

"really, you sure chris?" you asked looking at him.

"yeah, i'm sure" he said with a small smile.

he rubbed your back once more before standing up.

"hey uh, do you wanna hangout after school? maybe at the new diner on cherry & pine road?" he asked.

"you really sure you want to hangout with me chambers?" you asked with a small grin.

"yeah i'm sure y/n" he said with a grin.

"okay... i'll meet you at the front steps after fifth period" you said smiling.

"see you then y/n" he said with a smirk, walking back to his friends.

you blushed slightly as he looked at you from the table as gordie tapped his shoulder to get his attention. you smiled at him & turned back to reading your book.

the bell soon rang which meant fifth period was starting, just 50 minutes until you go to the front steps to meet with chris.