don't trip

You've been awake all night. it's the first time your parents trusted you to stay home alone for a whole month. you thought you were gonna be fine but, you scared. and watching crime documentaries on tv didn't help you at all.

you decided to go down stairs and call river on the phone, hoping he would be awake. you made it down stairs, the cold kitchen floor sending chills up your legs and arms. you dialled his number and waiting for his voice.

"hello?" he said as he yawned awake.

"h-hey riv. issue to wake you" you said

"it's all good y/n/n, what's up? it's late" what he said was true, it's 1am.

"my parents left for a month long trip yesterday and uh, i watched some of the horror stuff on the tv and now i can't sleep, i'm paranoid. c-can you come over, please?" you said, keeping your eyes in the front door.

"y-yeah, i'm on my way. i'll be over soon" he said goodbye and hung up.

you sat down on the couch in your living room while staring at the large window, making sure nothing was there.

you then saw river on his bike come up your driveway. you ran over to the door and waiting for him to come close to open it.

as soon as he was inside you hugged him tight, your body still shaking.

"hey, hey hey. your okay, don't be nervous. your okay now" he said as he rubbed your back to calm you down.

"i'm sorry for waking you up" you said, your voice was a bit muffled from the hug.

"hey, you needed me. i promised you that i would be here for you no matter what. it's okay darling" he kissed your head as you held onto him a bit tighter.

you both walked upstairs to your room, and sat on your bed.

"i don't think i'll be able to ever go to sleep ever again" you clucked as he played with your guitar.

"so what do you wanna do?" he smirked at you.

you ran over to your record player and started to play 'fire and rain' by James Taylor. river smiled at you and started to sing along to the lyrics and play along with the song on the guitar.

before your favourite part of the song river stood up and started to dance with you. you twirled around in his arms doing a messy version of the waltz.

"won't you look down upon me Jesus, you've gotta help me make a stand. just got to see me through another dayyyyy. my body's aching and my time is at hand. but i woke make it any other wayyyy." you both sang together, still dancing around your room.

before the song ended you suddenly tripped, but river caught you. there you were, his arms wrapped securely around your waist, and yours around his neck. your faces were only inches apart.

you both kept staring at each-other until he broke it. his lips started to move towards yours, your heart started to beat fast.

"is this okay?" he whispered, grazing his lips just above yours.

"it's more than okay" you whispered back.

both of your lips touched and fit together like two puzzle pieces. your stomach rose with butterflies, and river was in complete happiness.

you pulled away as he raised your body up so you could properly stand.

"so... uh that was-" you cut him off and kissed him again.

his lips curled into smile after you pulled away.

"hey" he said as he pulled you closer.

"hi" your cheeks grew more red you looked at him.

you both just stood in the middle of your room, hugging each-other as fire and rain repeated.