isn't yours ; 1

It's painful when the boy you love is with someone else. having to watch him hug, kiss, smile, laugh & hold another girl in his arms- wishing it was you, it hurts. you knew it would be hard for you when you realized you were in love with one of your closest friends, but you never expected to be head-over-heels for him.

you met river when you first moved to New York. he was your first good friend in the city & you couldn't be more thankful. you eventually met more people & had created your small friend group. kelly was an aspiring artist, harry worked with broadway a lot, monica was a chef at a local restaurant & river was working on acting & music.

everyone in the group knew of your feelings for river, it was quite obvious but river was completely oblivious to it. when he first introduced his girlfriend mary to the group, everyone was shocked. they expected you guys to get together at some point, but at the moment everything was out the window.

mary slowly started to become apart of the group since she was always around, which annoyed you a bit. she was this loud, bitchy, preppy girl that thought she owned everything & everyone. it pissed you off when she would speak so highly of herself but talk to you & everyone else like you guys were trash, but she never did it when river was around.

that brings you to tonight, your birthday party. everyone was over having junk food, watching movies & just having a good time. when river walked in with mary on his arm, you were already annoyed. you just didn't want to see her for this one night.

"happy birthday blue" river said walking over to you to give you a big hug, mary rolling her eyes at the two of you.

"thank you riv" you smiled at him as you pulled away.

as the party went on, your heart ached as each minute passed. "they look happy", "he doesn't need you", "you should be happy for them", "move on" & "he isn't yours" voices said, floating around your mind. they were right though, you should be happy for him.

sorry about the wait! online school has been tough. i hope you all are doing well.
the ending to this is kinda crappy but i still hope you enjoy it!