idol's & oscar's ; 1

this was requested by @the_1943_chronicles !!

Tonight was an important night for you & your career. it was the oscar's & you were nominated for one. you were nominated for best female actress in the indie/alternative category for your role in the movie called "rain", a coming of age/heartbreak film. you've been an actress since you were young, doing commercials since the age of 8.

you've worked hard for you to receive the amount of success you have & it was worth it all. you never believed you would come so far at just the age of 19, a young age in the industry to receive an oscar. you were currently preparing for the red carpet, your dress; a light purple satin/silk gown which was elegant & comfortable.

paired with it; a simple silver chain necklace with a butterfly pendant & silver butterfly earrings to match. your shoes were pure white heels with silver details on the heel. as you were sitting in your makeup chair, your hair being loosely curled to perfection & simple yet beautiful makeup was being done, you couldn't stop thinking about the other's who were attending tonight.

molly ringwald, johnny depp, rob lowe, harrison ford, carrie fisher & courtney cox were just some of your favourites, but the one boy who revolves through your mind was river phoenix. the blonde boy has been your celeb crush since "stand by me" & you looked up to him a lot. you knew he was attending tonight & you just hoped you would stumble into him.

your manager knows how much you fancy river, so he made sure your seats were next to his, which you didn't know. once you were ready, you found yourself stepping out of the limo & walking to the red carpet. after posing for the paps & saying hi to a few other son the carpet you did a few interviews.

"y/n y/l/n! over here!" you heard someone with a mic call to you. you walked over to her & smiled, saying a quick hello.

"so y/n, who are you wearing tonight?" the interviewer asked.

"i'm wearing gucci, it's a silk dress from their new line" you said with a smile.

"it's beautiful. your whole ensemble is gorgeous. so, is there anyone you are dying to come across tonight during the awards?" she asked.

"well... it would be a dream to meet river phoenix. he's been an idol of mine for a while & i've always admired his work" you said, blushing a bit as you thought about him.

"he walked the carpet not too long ago with another actress by the name of martha plimpton. what are you thoughts about her?" she asked, which slightly confused you.

"i haven't met martha yet, but i've heard from others that she's lovely" you replied.

"i personally think you & river would make a great couple" she said, throwing you off guard & making your cheeks blush more.

"well thank you but i can't say that would happen in the future. thank you for the chat" you said, giving a smile before walking away, almost at the end of the carpet.

as you were walking away from the carpet you noticed you manager talking with someone so you walked over, a bit shy. once your manager noticed you, he smiled & pulled you for a side hug.

"y/n! one of my best clients!" roger, your manager said which made you smile.

"come, i have someone i'd like you to meet" he pulled you over to a man with blond hair & tux on.

"river, i'd like you to meet y/n" roger said, which made your heart stop.

the man turned around & surely made it known that he was in fact river, river phoenix.

"hi, it's really nice to meet you y/n" he said, pulling his hand from his pocket to shake yours.

"h-hi, it's really nice to meet you too river" you said with a smile, trying to control your voice from cracking.

"you know phoenix, y/l/n has been a fan of you for years" roger said, making your cheeks blush more than ever.

"that means a lot, thank you. i-i'm actually a fan of yours too. 'rain' is one of my new favourite movies, your performance was immaculate" river said, making your a heart warm.

"really? oh my gosh thank you. you know, your role on 'running on empty' was amazing. i still want to know what's gonna happen to danny now that he's on his own" you replied, making river smile, a bit shocked at you knowledge of the ending.

"i still want to know what's going to happen to keira now that david left" he said, referring to your movie. you just chuckled & smiled hard at him.

you still couldn't believe that he was in front of you. he looks even better in person. his smile, voice, laugh, hair- he just looks unreal.

"you too seem to be hitting it off" your manager says, causing you to laugh nervously at him.

"oh y/n! river! smile for the camera please!" a photographer yells to you to, causing you both to look into his direction.

"o-oh yeah sure" river said, looking at you to make sure that was okay.

you nodded your head with a soft smile as he wrapped on arm around your waist, his hand gently holding your left hip. your right arm draped at his lower back & your head was close to his chest. you both smiled & a few photos were taken. you felt butterflies the entire time... so did river.

"so uh, roger told me that we're sitting beside each-other inside" river said, pulling away from you.

"wait really?" you asked excitedly, your facial expression made river chuckle.

"yeah, so do you wanna go in together?" he asked, holding his hand out.

"but aren't you here with-"

"martha? oh that was just for the carpet since she was my co-star. i actually came um... alone" he replied, still holding out his hand for you to take.

"then... yes. let's go" you smiled, taking his hand in yours which sent shivers down both of your bodies.

"you know... i've always had a thing for you" you said as you headed to your seats.

"really? well lucky for you, i've always fancied you too" he said with a smirk, sitting beside you as the awards started, both of you forgetting that you were still holding hands.

I really liked writing this. btw, "rain" from what i know isn't a real movie & kiera & david are just random names i chose for the sake of this !