crying is okay

You opened the key to you and your boyfriends apartment, coming home from a long day at school. even though senior year was almost over, you felt so overwhelmed with everything coming up.

you put your bag on the couch and decided to make something to eat. you opened the fridge and made a salad since you didn't eat lunch today. while eating your lunch you realized you haven't seen river since this morning, and even though he's in university doing his classes, he would usually be home by this time.

you finished your salad, washed the dishes, swept the floor and fixed the blankets on the couch while you waited for him to come home.

it's was now 6:15pm, he was supposed to be home hours ago. you called his parents to see did he went to go visit them but they haven't seen him at all today.

you decided to check your bedroom, which you forgot to do earlier. as soon as you opened the door you were met with the binds closed, making the room very dark. you then saw river sitting in the edge of the bed with his head in his hands while he cried.

you rushed over to his side, trying to lift his face from his hands. he lifted his face as soon as he felt your touch, wanting to be in your arms. you immediately wrapped your arms around him while whispering sweet things into his ear.

you then stood up and brought him under the covers. as soon as you joined him he laid his head on your chest and wrapped his arms around you, while you ran your fingers through his hair, trying to calm him down.

"do you want to tell me what happened bub?" you whispered to him.

"*sigh*, i'm just feeling really stressed out. my classes are harder than i expected them to be, i have decent marks but it's not good enough. and i feel like i haven't seen you in forever. we wake up, go to school, you come home, do your homework or assignments, i come home then i start on dinner, we eat, we make small talk, then you go to sleep while i finish my work. i want to spend more time with you, i'm not saying any of this is your fault. i just miss your presence more and more, if-if that makes sense." he said, his voice a little raspy from crying. river wasn't the type of person to open his emotions up like this, so you knew he was genuinely hurt and upset.

"i love you, so much to the point where it hurts. i'm sorry we've both been busy, but hey it's okay, it happens. we can fix it. i don't have any experience in uni yet but i do know that if you ask your professors for help, classmates maybe or study the material that you learn each day, everyday when you come home, you'll be fine. i'm always here if you need any help, no matter what i'm doing. it's okay to have days like these to cry it out, it helps. just know that your gonna be okay, i'm gonna be okay, we're gonna be okay, okay? we just have to take it each step at at a time" you said while caressing his cheek and wiping his tears away.

"i love you darling, thank you" he said as he cuddled into you more which made your heart flutter.

you kissed his forehead, but he moved up a bit and caught your lips. it was a passionate and caring kiss. you both pulled away, changed into more comfortable clothes, soon crawling back into the warm sheets for the rest of the evening, spending it in each-others embrace.