allegations

Staring at the magazine in your hand with a strong grip, you huffed & threw it on the ground.

RIVER PHOENIX AND MARTHA PLIMPTON SEEN WALKING CLOSELY AROUND NEW YORK! DID RIVER'S AND Y/N'S FLAME DIE OUT? FIND OUT HERE

slamming the door to your bedroom, you slid down the door with tears filling your vision. you & river have been dating for a couple months now, but you can't seem to get away from being "martha's replacement" from what the media has been saying. you knew what you were getting into when you both had your 3rd date but, you never wanted to have this feeling of hurt & uncertainty follow you everywhere.

river told you he was hanging out with the whole cast for a couple hours, but the media made it seem like it was just them & you couldn't decipher who was saying the truth. your brain was clouded with hopeful excuses to why they were alone, hoping they were just meeting up with them somewhere or martha needed help with directions- just anything to conclude to him cheating.

you know river like the back of your hand, but right now you have no idea what he's capable of. just as you were calming yourself down you heard the front door unlock & footsteps leading upstairs.

"y/n? why'd you lock the door? you okay dear?" you heard him ask from the other side of the door.

"why don't you just go back martha huh? seem to be having a better time with her..." you say, sitting on the bed.

"what are you talking about y/n, let me in so we can talk properly" he said, the door knob moving back & fourth.

you took a deep breath in & opened the door, walking past him towards the living room, grabbing the magazine & looking at it once more.

"y/n! what's going on?" river asked confused, following down the stairs to you.

"i should be the one asking the questions here river" you spat, throwing the magazine at his chest.

he picked it up from the floor & read the cover, opening it & reading the article.

"i don't understand" he said confused.

"you-i can't fucking believe you right now, are you that oblivious?!" you yelled, feeling your chest start to tighten.

"no i don't so tell me what i'm suppose to understand y/n, tell me!" he yelled back.

"what is going on with you & martha" you said.

"there's nothing between us y/n, you know that i-"

"are you really sure river?! every single fucking day i get these in the mail & read them, questioning my own fucking relationship! i just want to know... if your c-cheating on me" your voice cracked out.

"you really think i would cheat? y/n..." river's voice got quieter as he looked at your tears falling.

"you didn't answer my question. are you cheating on me? with the girl i've been worried about for the past couple months ever since we started dating? tell me!" you yelled, trying to sob in front of him.

"no, i would never, i was just walking her to her car cause she saw the paps following us in the restaurant y/n. i'm not with martha i'm with you!" river yelled, sitting on the couch, hands gripping his hair.

"i can't compete with her river!" you said, silence filling the room.

"what?" he looked up at you.

"she just... seems better for you than me, okay! she's everything & more for you... i honestly feel like a fucking rebound or some shit. all the media, fans, whatever... they make me feel like i'm never good enough to be loved by you" you choked out.

"y/n-" river stood up & walked over to you, hugging you.

"wh-why would you ever think that y/n?" river asked, wiping tears off your cheeks.

"i-she just seems like everything you'd want in a girl, i'm the complete opposite of her. the media & paps clearly think she's a better match, she's a movie star for god sakes, the same job as you. she almost in every movie your in! you work with her all the time, you have been for a few years & you both would work so well, i just... i sometimes get the feeling you would be better off with her than with a person like me" you said, looking into his eyes.

"y/n, darling... you are the girl i want. the girl i want to come home to after stressful days at set, when i need someone, when i come back from promo's or interviews, when i get back from trips... i want you. i want to be able to call you when i'm far away, or when i'm close. i want to spend as much time with you as i can. i need you to understand that whatever the media says, it doesn't matter & will never matter" he said holding you closer to him.

"don't worry about martha, she doesn't compare to you. your beauty blows me away, your personality makes me feel happy, your just everything i've wanted. don't let anything else alter that" he kissed your head, hearing your breathing calm down.

"i love you, i know it's early to say that but i really do. i'm just afraid to lose you, i just want to be there for you. i'm sorry for yelling, being angry... i'm sorry" you said, your voice slightly muffled from being in the crook of his neck.

"don't be sorry baby, it's okay... also, i love you too. so fucking much y/n" you smiled as you heard the words fall from his mouth.

you raised your head to look at him, meeting his eyes & kissed him. you both smiled into the kiss, knowing that everything is fine between you two.