firsts with : river

first hand holding:
you & river went shopping since you both were bored on a saturday afternoon. you walked in & out of bookstores, thrift stores, some record places & a cute café. you both sat down in a booth & ordered your regulars, talking about some cool records you both wish you could've gotten. you both finished your drinks & decided to head to the subway. on the way to the bus station, river's hand brushed against yours & you started to blush at the contact. as few seconds late the soon grasped your hand, your interlocked hands swinging slightly back & fourth as you walked.

"this okay?" he asked sheepishly.

"yeah, it's okay" you smiled back, holding back a squeal of excitement.

first kiss:
it was a rainy night at river's apartment & you had to leave soon due to it almost being 11:30pm & you had school in the morning. the night consisted of eating food, watching movies (especially throwbacks from the 50's) & cuddling together. you soon finished a movie when you checked the time again & sadly looked at river.

"i gotta go babe, class at 8am" you said as you cuddled into him more, not wanting to leave his embrace.

"it's okay angel. i wouldn't want you to fall asleep in class like last week now would i?" he replied as he rubbed your back, sighing.

soon enough you both were standing infront of his door, you were wearing your coat & boots while holding your bag. you both didn't want to leave eachother but you had to go.

"see you in 2 days okay?" you said giving his hand a small squeeze.

"2 days angel, 2 days" he said as he hugged you tightly, smiling at the embrace.

you both said your goodbyes & you were about to open the door when he turned your face & kissed you. he kissed you, on the lips, not the cheek or forehead. you closed your eyes & kissed back, shocked at the action.

"bye y/n" he said as he pulled away & laid his forehead on yours, smiling.

"b-bye river" you said, giving him a quick peck before leaving, smiling like an idiot.

first i love you:
one night river was over at your apartment, stressed out. the acting business has always been hard for people but river was going through a rough spot & needed comfort, so he came to you. bloodshot eyes, hiccups & a frown was all you saw when you opened your door to him. you immediately pulled him inside & gave him a bear hug, his sobs loud & heart breaking.

you lead him to your bedroom so you both could lay down & have some music on for some background noise, hoping to calm him down. he cried forever, his lungs screaming & his brain crushed from all the negativity he's been getting from his work. your heart hurt so bad for him, to se whim in such pain.

he soon fell asleep after he calmed down. he was cuddling up to your chest, arms holding your waist as your fingers ran through his hair soothingly. about 2 hours later he woke up & looked at you.

"thank you for being here y/n, i don't know how i would be able to keep going on without you" he hugged you as you smiled at his statement.

"i love you" the three words slipped out of your mouth.

he stared at you, a grin on his face.

"you love me?"

"of course i do"

"because i... i love you too"