self-care buddy

summary: river wants to join in while you do your self-care 🥺

warnings: suggestion of sëx

requested by @imaginedolxntwinz

also, listen to "mirrorball" by taylor swift while reading!

You had a rough day & you felt exhausted. so as you came home from work you couldn't even work up a smile when you saw river on his phone while sitting on the couch.

"hey your home! how was your day?" river asked you with a smile, throwing his phone on the couch cushions as he got up to give you a hug & kiss on the side of your head.

"i don't even wanna think about today right now riv" you mumbled as you buried yourself into his arms.

being cuddled into his chest was always so comforting for you, it was a safe space for you. so you started to feel better as he held you for a few moments.

"another rough day?" he asked as he cupped your face in his hands, your arms wrapped around his torso as you looked up at him.

"mhmm" you nodded as river looked at you with a sympathetic look.

"i think i'm just gonna shower & do some skincare to atleast make me feel better or something" you said as you thought out loud, making river quirk his head at you.

"oh wait" you said quickly before leaning up & kissing river's lips, making him smile into it.

"do you think i could maybe join you?" river asked you, making you smirk at him.

"you wanna shower with me? river, we both know what we'd end up doing-"

"not that i'm against doing... that stuff with you, but i was talking about your skincare stuff" he said, causing you to blush deeply in embarrassment.

"oh um, y-yeah sure" you said looking back at him as he proudly smirked at you, making you groan at him.

"don't be too embarrassed hun" he said, pushing you away so you could shower.

you just groaned again in embarrassment & headed to shower, knowing river was probably laughing at you.

**********

"wait, what does it do again?" river asked as you placed your index & middle finger into the container, getting some of the facemask on your fingers before spreading it on his face.

"it's supposed to help with any acne or oily stuff on the skin. it's one of my favourites" you said as you smoothed it on his skin.

"but i thought my skin was perfect" he pouted, making you tsk at him.

"your skin is good babe, it just breaks out sometimes" you said knowingly.

he then pulled you closer to him by the belt on your robe, making you slightly giggle.

"can i put the mask on you afterwards? please baby" he said with his pleading/baby voice, making you chuckle at him.

"okay fine, but i don't trust you" you said making him glare at you playfully.

"okay, done! look in the mirror!" you said excitedly, making river turn his head to look at his reflection.