best father of the year ; 1

Holding your 6 month baby girl in your arms in her nursery at early hours in the morning wasn't something you love to do. but since river just got back from press tour for mopi he needed all the rest possible.

your little girl, lilac giggled in your arms as she played with your fingers. her tan skin glowed with the small nightlight on & her hazel eyes widened each time so touched your fingers. you smiled at her as she soon started to get sleepy again, laying her back in her crib & giving her a kiss on her head.

you quietly tip toed back to your shared bedroom & slipped back under the covers, slipping rivers arm up so you could cuddle into his chest like you were doing before.

"is lil alright sweetheart?" he asked quietly.

"yeah she's good baby, just head back to sleep" you said, sitting up a bit to run your fingers through his hair.

"i'm glad to be back home with my two lovely girls, i'm sorry i was gone for so long y/n. i missed you both so much" he said as he raised a hand to softly hold your right cheek, smiling as you blushed.

"we missed you too but it's okay, your back & that's all that matters riv. me & lilac love you mostest" you kissed his lips quickly before resting your head in the crook of his neck.

"ya know, i remember the day we were deciding on names & you said lilac. i know that me & my siblings had unique names that were apart of nature but... i guess i didn't think you'd want to continue that kinda legacy huh" he said, rubbing your back slowly.

"well, remember our first date & how you showed up at my parents house with a bouquet of lilac's? they just remind me of how our relationship started & they remind me of how you chose that flower out of all the others. it's special, just like our little lil" you smiled at the memory of him in a suit holding the flowers with a nervous look on his face a few years ago.

"i love you y/n, so much. your the best mother in the world love" he said, holding you closer.

"forever & always river, no matter best father of the year" you said kissing his cheek before falling back alseep in his loving arms.