need some love

Hurt. that's all you felt in this moment.

sitting on your couch, you stared at the tv that displayed a random show, you didn't even pay attention to it. you felt overwhelmed with thoughts of failure & disappointment. you just didn't feel like yourself that day. river was in your apartment, giving you some space by staying upstairs.

he's noticed you've been a bit off lately & he doesn't want to add stress to you, but he wants to ask you a million questions. you haven't said a word to him in a couple days, just nod's or head-shakes to answer his questions, or you just look down nervously.

he's been worried about you, you do this every once in a while & he knows what to do most times to help ease you out of the shell you out on during these times, but this time feels different. he rests the book he was reading on the nightstand & walked out of the bedroom.

walking down the hall, he saw you sitting in the spot you've been in for what seems like ages. he  sits on the floor in front of you as you laid on your side on the couch, your chest facing his body. he grabbed your hand softly & gave it a small squeeze. you looked at him, your gaze softening a bit as he kissed your hand.

"i'm here, i'm right here. if you need me i'm here okay?" he gave you a small smile as you nodded to him.

he still held your hand as you shifted to be more comfortable on the couch, deciding to take a nap.

"thank you"

wrote this because I've been going through it lately. sorry for the slow updates.