halloween prank

You were currently bundled up in blankets as you watched a nightmare on elm street on your tv. you were waiting for river to come home from work & you both were gonna have a movie marathon & eat candy, but he was running late.

you paused the movie to go upstairs & grab a couple more movies like halloween 1 & 2, sleep away camp & the midnight hour for you both to watch. you grabbed the movies & heard the door open from downstairs. smiling to yourself you were about the leave the room but the phone rang & you picked it up.

"hello?" you asked.

"hey baby, how's everything at home?" you heard river ask.

"it's all good- wait... didn't you just open the front door?" you asked confused.

"honey, i'm still at work. i was calling to say that i was just leaving now, i had to work a bit later than expected" he said.

"so, who just opened the door?" you asked in a hush tone, your heart beginning to race.

"i-i don't know, i'm still at the office" he said, a worried tone evident as he spoke.

"i didn't invite anyone over though, it was just gonna be us tonight. just come as fast as possible please, please river" you said your lip trembling.

"okay, stay safe-" the phone line cut out as he was talking.

you quickly put the phone back on the holder & took a deep breath. waking downstairs as quiet as possible you saw the front door cracked open a bit but no sounds of anyone inside. you closed the door & felt a chill run down your spine as you locked the door.

you took another deep breath & turned around to go back to the couch but you were met with a dark figure in front of you with a hood covering their face. their hands grabbed your waist & pulled you closer as you screamed your lungs out. you tried to get out of their grasp but they wouldn't let go, which made you scream louder & made tears stream down your face.

you dropped the the ground & tried to get away from the person, wishing river would soon unlock the door & save you. you curled into a ball on the floor & continued to cry.

"p-please don't h-hurt me! i'll g-give you anything you want!" you kept saying.

"i'm not gonna hurt you y/n" the person said, making you lift your head up to see river, in the dark clothing.

"r-river?" you asked.

"hey i'm sorry honey, i just wanted to play a small prank on you since it halloween" he moved closer to you but you backed away on the ground, still terrified.

"that was not funny you ass, i hate you" you said wiping your tears.

"baby, i'm sorry. you can be mad at me all you want. i'll do anything to get you to not be mad, please y/n" he pleaded with you.

"okay, you have to get groceries this week & take me out to a movie. deal or no deal" you said, pouting.

"anything for my best girl" he said.

"okay phoenix, let's watch some movies" you said as he helped you up, hugging you tightly.

"i love you" he mumbled into your hair as he held you close.

"i love you too, even though you scared me... badly" you said back, gaining a small chuckle form him.

" i'm gonna get changed real quick & i'll meet you back down here okay honey?" he asked, holding your face in his hands, wiping the remaining tears.

"okay, but be quick" you said.

"yeah yeah" he said smirking, kissing your lips quickly before speading up the stairs.