stood up

You opened to large doors to the dinner. you smelt the scent of milkshakes and fries as soon as you stepped in.

you sat down at a booth and waited for your date, Charlie Conner. he was a pretty popular guy at school, with good looks. you were excited when he asked you out, it was a bit odd but you went with it.

you were wearing a cute white long sleeve shirt with a cute black lace dress over top, you were wearing some white sneakers and a cute little gold necklace your grandpa gave you.

you sat down and waited for 30 minutes, hoping he would come in and say he was late because of soccer practice, but that hadn't happen yet.

"hello there, would you like anything to have while your waiting?" a boy in a interesting blue button up shirt, black jeans and messy converse said.

"uh, sure. i'll have a vanilla milkshake please" you said to him.

"oh wait sorry, do you have any vegan milkshakes?" you said before he could leave your booth.

"of course we do, still want a vanilla?" he said, his smile beaming.

"yes please" you said smiling back.

the blonde haired boy walked back behind the counter and made your vegan milkshake. you noticed how his slight tanned skin made him glow under the lights of the dinner, how his blue shirt, which wasn't button up all the way complimented his skin and how his smile was contagious.

"here you go miss, one vegan vanilla milkshake. you still waiting on someone?" he said sitting across from you, guessing he was on his break.

"sadly, yeah. but it's not so bad" you said, looking up at him slightly with a grin.

"i haven't properly introduced myself. i'm jeffery grant, you can call me jeff or j. and you are?" he said holding his hand out.

"i'm y/n y/l/n, nice to meet you jeffery" you said shaking his hand while chuckling.

"your name suits you" he said letting go of your hand.

"so does yours"

"wait, by any chance do you go to fairview high? you seem familiar" he said questioning you.

"yeah i do. wait, do you first period english, third period music and last period science?" you said, studying his face more.

"yeah i do! this is crazy" he said chuckling.

"yeah it is" you smiled.

"are you still waiting for someone? cause my shift is done and there's suppose to be a special or something on the radio called 60's night, we could drive around town and listen to music if you want?" he said standing up.

"yeah, let's go" you grabbed his hand and walked out of the dinner to his car, turned on the radio and you both belted the lyrics, dancing like idiots in his car.

you completely forgot about how Charlie ditched you, but that didn't matter anymore.