best father of the year ; 2

You woke up & stretched under the covers, getting more cozy under the sheets. turning on your side you reached over to put your hand on rivers chest every morning like usual but you were met with an empty & cold side of the bed.

groaning, you rolled to your right & looked at the clock seeing it saying it was 8:53am. you rubbed your eyes as you stumbled to the closet to change out of your pjs, soon heading to the bathroom to freshen up & change. after changing into a cozy hoodie & some leggings you washed your face & brushed your teeth.

you opened the bedroom door & walked down the hall to lilac's room to wake her up, assuming river went to work. but after you opened the door to see lilac no where you panicked. she's not here, oh god oh god you thought to yourself as you retraced your steps from last night in case you did something wrong.

you ran out of her room & looked inside every room in the hall, but after finding nothing you sped down the stairs.

"lilac! baby girl where are you? sweetie?! oh my god!" you yelled, tears starting to spill from your eyes in fear of losing your own good damn kid.

  you looked around the living room, powder room, basement & kitchen but you left empty handed. no lilac anywhere, what the fuck is going on you thought. you decided to head outside to the backyard to calm down quickly before calling river at work but-

"lil, you eat the cheerio's like this, not like your throwing a bean bag at daddy you silly goose" you heard river say, tickling lilac in her hair chair on the deck by the table with some plates with food on them.

lilac just giggled in response & threw one last one at river before eating some mushed up mango & banana. you sighed contently as you looked at them so happy, it made your a heart warm & melt like a popsicle.

"morning sweetheart, how was your sleep?" you heard river say looking at you, sitting up from the chair he was in to wrap you into a loving hug.

"i-i'm fine bub, you okay?" you asked him as you kissed his cheek.

"yeah i'm good... hey wait. are those tears on your cheeks? love what happened, is everything-" he worried asked.

"i couldn't find lilac this morning, assumed you were at work. i just got stressed. it's okay because she was with her award winning daddy the whole time" you said with a smile, looking over at your daughter as he held her arms out to you.

"hey baby, how's my favourite girl doing huh? spending time with daddy i see. i love you" you cooed to her, picking her up in your arms as she cuddled into your chest, closing her eyes in happiness to be with her mom.

"my two favourite girls... in a hug without me?" river said with a fake pout.

"awh loveee, come join us riv" you said smiling at the boy.

"okay, i'm coming" he said, wrapping his arms around the two of you.

"this is the life" he whispered, kissing you both on the cheek before holding you both closer.