library boy : 3

You sat once again at the library, this time you were doing math homework. you hated the fact that your teacher had to give you such hard equations & the formulas are too tough to memorize because of how many steps they are.

you sighed frustratedly at the 3 pages filled with questions, your brain blanking to answer them. you placed your pencil down as your hands went to your hair, your head drooping as you felt angry that you couldn't answer them, you felt stupid for being to pitiful. as you took some deep breaths to calm yourself down, not wanting to have a scene you felt a hand touch your shoulder.

"i was reading & when i looked up i saw you looking a bit troubled. do you need some help?" you heard mikes voice say to you softly.

you fixed your hair & wipes a tear that fell from your eye, facing mike & giving out a sigh.

"some help sounds nice" you said softly looking at him, noticing something different.

"hey your hair-" you lightly touched his new blondish locks, not the dark brown you once were familiar with seeing.

"y-yeah, you like it?" he asked nervously.

"yeah, it looks nice on you. but i am gonna miss the dark brown" you said taking in the new hair style.

"well how bout after we finish the math we can talk all about my hair okay... deal?" mike said, holding out his hand for you to shake.

"okay manfield" you shook his hand & started to get it work.

~          •          ~

after about 2 hours of mike helping you learn the formulas in a way you could understand you were able to finally get the work done.

"thanks a lot mike, you truly are a math wiz" you said walking out of the library with him.

"well thank you miss y/n... i guess i have a gift" he said, a proud smile on his face as you both walked down the street.

"so uh where are we going?" you asked mike as he lead the way to wherever.

"there's a small park by my house & a forest behind it with a cool waterfall, wanna see?" you nodded your head in excitement as you both walked faster in anticipation.

"so how long have you lived here for?" he asked, referring to the small town you both are in called 'hamptonville'.

"i've lived here since i was 3, my mom decided to move out here after my dad left... she wanted a fresh start" you said kicking a small pebble on the sidewalk.

"oh i'm sorry about your dad" he said looking at you.

"oh it's okay, no worries. so what about you mike? what's your story?" you asked him.

"well uh... i've moved a lot. that's basically all we do, we never stay in one place for too long because my parents... they really like to travel. road trips to them is uh heaven, so where ever they go me & my little brother go too" he said as he picked at ends of his windbreaker.

"it sucks that you've never got a break huh?" he just hummed in response.

"but when i turn 18 i can choose what i want to do. uh & right now... i really don't want to leave" he looked at you, almost with an admiring glow on his face which made you blush a tiny tiny bit.

"do you think you'd be okay on your own?" you asked, getting closer to the destination.

"i honestly don't know. i think i'd be fine but i would also feel like i'd be missing a part of me ya know? it's my family. but it sounds kinda cool" he said as he pulled your hand in the direction of the forest.

"how much longer?" you asked as you stepped through the bushes & on branches.

"we're almost there okay, hold your horses miss" he said with a chuckle.

you jokingly rolled your eyes at him, continuing to walk through the trees & slight mud on the ground.

"here we are y/n, my get away" you looked up & your jaw dropped.

even though the waterfall wasn't huge, it was still pretty large & it was damn beautiful. the trees had long strings of vines & leaves that wrapped round each-other to form a circle at the top which allowed you to see the sky. the rocks were a dark grey & black, the water was a beautiful blue & the grass was such a lush green with some flowers in them.

"i love it" you looked at him with such a big smile on your face, mike smiling back.

"well you know, since i helped you with your math... i kinda need a favour" he said mischievously.

"oh god what is it" you said.

"i dare you to jump in the water with me" he said staring at the largish pool of water, almost like a mini quarry that surrounded the waterfall.

"are you fucking crazy mike?! i don't have a swim suit & i'm definitely not jumping in naked-" you rambled.

"just fully clothed y/n, calm down" he took off his shoes & stood closer to the edge of the quarry.

"oh lord save my soul" you mumbled, taking off your shoes, following mike.

"i swear if i die-" suddenly you were falling towards the bottom.

you screamed as you reached for mikes hand, holding onto it for dear life as he was right beside you. with a large splash you both collided with the water, instantly feeling cold.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT MICHAEL" you screamed at him as he laughed at you.

"your reaction was pure gold!" he said laughing at you.

"hey that's not funny mike" you outed as he continued to laugh, soon catching his breath.

"oh y/n, come on... don't be like that" he said as you crossed your arms, your lips turning into a doggy pout.

"i have a right to pout! i almost died!" you said.

"but your still here aren't you?" that was the last straw.

you then splashed water at him, which made you smile.

"hey hey hey! what was that for?!" he said, doing it back.

you both just laughed at each-other, continuing to splash each-other while laughing & smiling like nothing bad was to come, but oh boy were you wrong. you suddenly heard thunder, the clouds turning a dark grey with some parts black, the natural light of the atmosphere fading & many dark shadows started to appear above you.

you both stopped & looked at each-other, running towards the rock stairs as fast as possible. you grabbed onto mikes hand as he quickly took both of your shoes, running deeper into the forest, instead of heading towards the exit...