library boy : 2

You were sitting in your living room as you completed your english homework, which was writing paragraphs about a special moment or a life changing experience you've had before. you've been working on them for a couple hours since you had the house to yourself.

it's currently saturday & your mom was working, since he left at around 7:30am & now it's close to 2:00pm. you closed up your books & put them inside your bag, heading up stairs to find something to do. you didn't have many friends, currently mike was one of the only people you've been talking to in a while.

you head into your room: walls painted light grey, pictures of old friends & family, concert tickets & small tokens of memories filled a cork board, your bed sheeted with constellations & planets with a dark grey comforter, your beside table consisting of an alarm clock from the 60's & your journal. then your desk which was littered with stetch books, ecology & astrology books, many many post-it notes & your beloved record player named roxy. odd name choice but, who cares.

you decided to play a tears for fears record, your back hitting your bed as you stared at the ceiling in boredom. you don't get bored easily but today was just calling your name to do something adventurous, but you didn't now what to do, so laying on your bed silently was your best option. suddenly you heard your doorbell ring, which made you tense up.

you had no idea who would be at your door right now, other than your mom but she had her keys with her... odd. leaving your room with a huff you made your way down the stairs to the door to see a familiar face.

"hey y/n" mike smiled brightly to you with his backpack.

"h-hi mike, i wasn't expecting you. what's up with you?" you asked.

"well i was wondering if you could help me with my science assignment. it's on ecology & i'm not that good at it. could you help?" he asked with a hopeful look on his face.

"yeah sure! i love ecology so this is gonna be great! come on in, make yourself at home" you opened the door wider for him to come inside.

you both went to the kitchen to talk about the assignment, sitting down on the island.

"so, what's got you confused mike?" you asked him as he pulled out his books.

"so uh the assignment is about the marine ecosystems, we have to make one of our own & present it to the class. i just don't know where to start to be honest so i came to you for help" he said looking at the assignment rubric.

you smiled & grabbed his hand, leading towards the front door.

"y/n where are we going?" mike asked, with a confused look on his face.

"we're going to the pet store" you smiled brightly as you pulled him out of your house & down the street towards the shopping centre.

~ • ~

"we spent a lot of money y/n" mike said, after spending 2 hours at the pet store gathering supplies.

"well mike, we need to have the best materials if we're gonna do this project right aren't we?" you said, placing the bags of materials on the table.

"well, let's get started?" you asked him.

"yeah, let's get started" he smiled as he mumbled the words.

~ • ~

after 3 hours of hard work you both finally finished the project. it was hard, you both had to improvise a bit but it was all worth it.

"it looks great y/n! i really enjoyed today, oh & uh thanks for all the help" he said smiling a bit.

"yeah it was no problem, i had fun" you said walking him to the door as he held his project.

"well i guess i'll see you soon?" he said opening the door.

"yeah i'll see you soon" you smiled at him for a brief moment, taking in all his features before he walked out onto your front porch.

"night y/n" he said with a grin on his face, walking down the steps towards the sidewalk.

"bye mike" you said, waving goodbye to him.

you stood on your front porch to make sure he was on his way safely. when he was out of sight you walked back inside with a slight smile on your face, heading upstairs to your room to spend the rest of the evening.

hi everyone! sorry it took me so long to write this ❤️