The Heart Wants What It Wants

You walk through the walls of a building. It's a rainy day and you don't even know what you're doing here. You and your boyfriend Robbie have been fighting and getting together and then you're off again. You're not sure when this will all end. You can't escape. The future is so unclear. You suddenly realize you're at Robbies apartment. You take a deep breath.
All your friends have told you to let him go.. forget it all, but, you've told them to save their advise. You slowly walk up the stairs to his floor. You needed this long walk. Robbie was everything good. A good kisser, the perfect gentlemen, always got you flowers and took you on crazy fun dates. He's probably the perfect boyfriend. You both have wanted separate things lately. He wants to travel and have fun and never grow up, you wanna settle down and have a family and get married. You're older now and ready for something serious. But like Peter Pan, Robbie doesn't wanna grow up and do that. You also really don't wanna loose him. Once you get up and in front of his door, you put your hand over your heart and pray you make it out alive. This is it.
You knock and Robbie comes up looking as handsome as ever. "We need to talk."
Robbie says nothing but let's you in.
"What's up." He asks.
"I'm sick of this." You say.
"Of what?" He crosses his arms.
"Us. You. Me and You." You say.
"Robbie, I want something more.. why is that so hard to-"
"Because I'm young, I don't want what you want anymore. What happen to you? You used to love to party and just relax." He says.
"I grew up." You say. You feel tears coming but you try and hold them back.
"I can't do that. Give me a few years.." Robbie starts to say.
"No! I don't want a few years. Is this really what you want? To be a boy forever?" You ask.
He doesn't say anything.
"Robbie I loved you for so long. I know you loved me once. I'm not gonna wait." You grab the door handle.
You turn around to see if he would stop you.
He stares into your eyes.
"I hope you grow up, I hope you find love, I hope you get everything you deserve.. one day." You say. You kiss his lips one last time, then leave.

Why was this so sad? Haha, sorry guys. ❤️