4. Cupids

|| मैंने जिन्दगी में दोस्त नहीं ढुंढे मैंने एक दोस्त में जिन्दगी ढुंढी हैं। ||

🔹🔹🔹

Please vote and comment ❤️

Through the bustling streets of Mumbai, Nandini's Audi was whizzing past the traffic, with she not caring much about her safety. Rash and fast driving was one of her ways to contain her anger. She would just take any car and go about driving rashly at any peaceful spot of the city. Right now, as she was returning from the cafe, it was the busy streets bearing her brunt.

While she was driving even, her mind showed her a reel of what all had happened at the cafe. A moment she did not like at all. She hated the feeling of being helpless and she was feeling exactly that.

~•~

"We take contracts in return of money, so not to make it a contract and go against my policy, I am making it an agreement without money. I will walk for your brand and in return you can accompany me for a coffee, lunch and dinner", Manik grinned victoriously, while Nandini stood gaping. She had no idea how to react to his absurd demand. In a quick span for two days, for the second time, Manik had made her speechless. She needed a reboot to tackle him. She quietly left the cafe leaving a hanging Manik behind.

Manik who was watching her go had a rumble of thoughts in his mind. It was true that he was not willing to put up his morals up for a toss, but this was certainly not in his mind. He was just figuring out how can he spend some more time with this enigmatic personality. He had no idea what took over his mind that he thought about this and uttered it aloud.

Nandini on the other hand, was standing in one of the corners, hidden from Manik's sight, pressing her temples for Manik had triggered a headache. Manik's demand was beyond her understanding and there is only one person who can advise right now. She dialled the same number, or we can say the only number.

"He wants to go on 3 meals with me instead of taking his fee", she blurted out. The irritation in her tone made Aryaman giggle but he stifled it for it would have miffed her more. "So what's the problem?", he asked as calmly as he could. "Have you gone mad? I am not going to spend another minute with him and you're talking about meals", for the first time in his life, he was having fun at Nandini's cost.

"Why Nandini? What's the problem in this?", he again asked, annoying her to the limit. "Arya seriously! How can I go with him. Don't you know what he did that night?", such ignorance was not expected of him.
"What? You only said it was nothing", and there it was. Nandini was trapped in Aryaman's word play. Either way out meant she had to acknowledge that Manik did have some effect on her. She very well understood the trap.

"Umm...", speechless. Completely speechless she was. Aryaman grinned on that side as he knew he has checkmated her. "Moreover Nandini, you have to rope in Manik, else we won't have a show stopper", another nail in the coffin. "Fine", she was so agitated that she did not wait to hear his reply and cut the call. Peeping inside, she saw Manik fiddling on his phone. 'Another headache!! ', she though, yet made her way inside.

"Ahem!", she faked cough to gain Manik's attention. But, what she didn't know was his attention was on her since the time she left him hanging for an answer. He was watching her talk with absolute irritation to someone on phone and then peep inside to see if he's looking.