Chapter 37: Ray of Hope

*unedited *

Manik and Aryaman were sitting on the waiting bench just outside Nandini's room. Aryaman had his face in between the mesh of his hands while Manik sat with his hands folded. For Manik , it was the first time that he was sitting in the lobby of a hospital and praying for someone. Inside the nurses were performing some tests and scan on Nandini. After getting the reports the Dr attending Nandini called both of them to his cabin to talk to them.

With a little fear in their hearts they both moved towards the Dr's cabin. They both were looking at the Doctor who was examining Nandini's report. As the Dr saw both of them he asked them to sit and then with a straight face said, " Aryaman I have examined Nandini's report and everything seems alright. In the MRI scan we didn't see any major injury on the skull but when it is a case related to brain injuries we can't really tell untill Nandini regains conscious. Anything can happen." Both the men nodded their heads. "What can be the complications Dr? ", asked Manik. "Mr Malhotra the effects can be both long term and short term or even everlasting. She can have concussions, dizziness, headaches if the problem is minor and if there is a serious problem then it can lead to memory problems, cell damage or even clots in brain. For her case memory loss is the most probable effect. Let's hope that she regains consciousness as soon as possible otherwise it will just worsen our problem", the Dr tried explaining them keeping a sympathetic face. It was not easy to digest for both of them. They both moved out the cabin taking slow and unsure steps. Their hearts were raging inside. Confusion, dilemma , fear everything surrounded them at once.

They again took their seats in the lobby as the visiting hours were over. Manik was looking at Nandini through the glass window. He was trying his best not to fall apart seeing Nandini like that. He wanted to stay strong and calm just like Nandini would have want him to be, but it wasn't possible due to the inner turmoils and restlessness. He wasn't able to look at Nandini's almost pale face for long and turned his eyes. His tears were refusing to stop but something struck his mind and he , taking a deep breath wiped his tears. "Aryaman I'll be back" , said Manik and started walking. "Where are you going? ", asked Aryaman. "To a very important place", saying this Manik walked out without stopping in spite of Aryaman's continuous calls. Having no choice left Aryaman followed Manik.

On seeing the place where Manik had come, Aryaman was completely shocked. Never ever in his wildest dreams even he had imagined seeing Manik there. He thought that Manik doesn't believe in all these, but he couldn't be more wrong. Manik did believe in God and positive powers but he never prayed to any god after his grand mom left, but today destiny had forced him to bow down in front of the divine power. Manik was standing outside a temple, removing his shoes at the entrance. His eyes were still moist and his hands folded in the form of namaste as he stood in front of the idol of Lord Ganesha. A surprised Aryaman too did the same and stood like that beside him.

Manik's pov

I know you are surprised to see me here. I know I haven't been to you since grandmaa went, but you have twisted the destiny in such a way that I am standing here, in front of you , begging you to save my Nandini's life. I haven't asked you for anything all my life but today I want something. I want my Nandini. I want my Nandini safe and sound in front of me. I want her to be... To be angry with me, to roll her eyes at my statements, I want her to smile at my silliness , I want to see her blush at my touch. Please bring me back my Nandini. I have all my hopes attached you. You are my hope.

Manik's prayers were coming from the deepest corners of his heart. They were so pure that even God had to bend his will in front of his love and give him his Nandini back. Safe and sound.

Aryaman's pov

I haven't seen such a pure love in anyone's eyes for anyone. I am sure even God has to fulfil Manik's wish. I wish Nandini you were here to see him. No one will love you as much as he loves you Nandini. (looking at the idol) please give him back his Nandini. He needs her. She needs him. They need each other.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें