Chapter 60 : Broken

Unedited

The scene that was unfolding in front of Nandini was unimaginable from her side. Never in her wildest thoughts she imagined to face a situation like this. Her hands left the grip from Manik's arm as she stablized herself from falling down. The scene in front of her was no longer clear as tears clouded her eyes. Destiny could not be so cruel to play a game with her like this. She tried her best to keep her expressions neutral so that Manik does not get the hint of her woe.

Manik,however, was already staring at a stunned Nandini. "What happened Nandini? Is everything okay?", Manik gently asked her, taking her hands in his. Had he done this someother time she would have smiled at him but at that time, these gestures from him pricked her hearts a thousand times with thorns. She could think nothing, her mind was all hazy. She desperately needed to get out from there. "Manik , I... I... need to leave...I have some important work", she barely managed to say this.

"Nandini suddenly what happened? Is there something wrong?", Manik could not help but be concerned seeing her like that. He is quite used to seeing a confident straightforward Nandini and this avatar of her confused him. Nandini was getting all jittery and was fumbling in her words which was so not her. It felt as if she just wanted to leave thats it. Though he did not want her to leave, for her sake, he let her go. Nodding at her he released her hand which he was holding.

Sometimes, act done out of complete innocence and spontaneously misread as something intentional. Though this was what Nandini had asked him to do, she somewhere wanted him to make her stay and ask her what happened. When he released her hands from his, she felt her world as well as Manik's love slipping out of her hands. She thought maybe this is a sign of what is to come.

Nandini turned around on her heels and ran outside, not daring to look back at Manik while he stood staring at the retreating Nandini. His stare was broken by a hand on his shoulders. Aryaman stood huffing behind her, "Where...Where is Nandini?", he asked, Manik felt something disastrous was about to happen. That inkling was once again rising inside him. "She went out saying she has something important to do. Everything is alright na Aryaman?", asked Manik unsure of his answer. Arya just gave him a small smile and went out following Nandini. All this was not only seen by Manik but someone else too.

Aryaman's POV

No! This can not be happening. This...this is not possible. Nandini will be broken seeing this. After all these years finally when she took a few steps ahead of letting go, here her pasts knocks on her door again in the worst possible way. What am i going to do now? Right now Nandini needs me more than ever. "She is beautiful, isn't she?", asked Ammu," I hope badimaa still looks like this. Sometimes i wonder how will that moment be when she will one day walk back in this mansion of ours, calling our names, smiling her bubbly smile. Manik bhai would be the happiest. He still has a voice in his heart which everyday gives him hope that maybe today she will be back. He tries to supress it but we all know". Oh god! This will get messier. I can see it. I need to get out now. Shit where is Nandini.

~~~~

Aimless. Pathless. Hopeless. Lifeless. This is what Nandini's situation was as she walked in the empty parking lot with a defeated look on her face. Everything which was crystal clear for her a few hours back now stood shattered. Manik, whom she thought as her forever was now just a source of guilt for her. With that blurry vision of hers Nandini did not notice the rock in her way, she stumbled down on the floor. As much as she wanted the comfort of Manik's arms she knew it was not possible. "Nandini!!!!!", came the voice of Arya. Looking at him anyone could tell how hard he was trying not to cry seeing her sister like that.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें