Chapter 40: A Whole New World

*unedited*

After seeing off Aryaman, Manik was walking towards Nandini's room. He opened the door and found Nandini frantically looking for something. She didn't notice Manik standing there and went on with her search. Manik fake coughed to gain Nandini's attention. Nandini looked at Manik standing at the door, but ignored him irking Manik a little bit. "Miss Murthy don't you think ignoring me is not good? " , said Manik walking towards Nandini. "Why do you think so Mr Malhotra? ", asked Nandini in full attitude. "Miss Murthy aap meri marzi pe hai yeh 3 din. (Miss Murthy you are on my whims for these 3 days)", said Manik. Nandini raised her eyebrows. By now Manik was standing close to Nandini's bed. Nandini taking the opportunity punched Manik's stomach lightly using her uninjured arm, making Manik surprised. "Ab yeh mat kehna Malhotra. Murthy kisi ki marzi pe nahi rehti sabko apni marzi pe rakhti hai (Now don't say this Malhotra. Murthy doesn't stay at someone's whims, she keeps people at her whims) smirked Nandini.

Manik smiled at this and asked, "Anyway what were you looking for? ", Nandini at once remembered and started looking for it again," I am looking for my glasses", she said. "Nandini you're inside, its almost evening what will you do with glasses? ", asked Manik. Nandini looked on completely dumb struck ," Idiot i am talking about my glasses. My specs ", informed Nandini. "You wear specs? ", asked a puzzled Manik."Happy Realization Malhotra", said Nandini with sarcasm dripping tone. Manik rolled his eyes and started helping her.

As soon as they found the specs Manik's requested ," Wear these naa Nandini. I wanna see how you look in these", the child like tone in Manik's voice had Nandini's heart. She wore the glasses and then looked at Manik.

Manik's face was devoid of any expression

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Manik's face was devoid of any expression. He just kept on looking at her without speaking anything. Seeing Manik standing like a statue Nandini's lips broke into a serene smile and she concentrated on the desgins kept in front of her.

Manik on the other hand was adoring Nandini. The smile she gave to him pierced his heart like the cupid's arrow. Just one innocent genuine smile from her was enough to brighten up his day. Not being able to control his urge, Manik bend down in front of Nandini's bed while she was busy analyzing the desgins and pulled her cheeks tightly.

"Ouuu", said Nandini rubbing her cheeks , she was not only surprised but also shocked. Nandini's eyes were ready to bounce out of their sockets anytime. With the same surprised expressions she looked at Manik, who seemed to have no effect of her small shriek. He was still staring at her and she still had her plams rubbing her cheeks. She was trying to see that emotion in Manik's eyes with which he was staring at her. Their eye lock was broken by a sudden knock at the door.

As they both straightend themselves Nandini said, "Come in". The door opened and walked in Nyonika along with Raj. Manik as well as Nandini was surprised. On seeing Manik's surprised face Nyonika said, "Kya aise look kyu de raha hai? Apni beti se milne aayi hu (Why are you looking like this? I have come to meet my daughter) ", Manik opened his arms shrugging his shoulders ,"Mai bhi! (I too) ", said Raj and Manik's eyes spread wider. "Haan Haan Jaao Mukti bhabhi aur Nandini ke aane ke baad se meri aur bhai ki toh value hi nahi hai (Yes yes go, since Mukti and Nandini have come me and Abhi have become valueless) ", said Manik acting as if jealous. Nandini giggled loudly. Seeing her giggling the three of them too giggled.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें