Chapter 65: Forever?

P.S.  palak2508  I hope I have not delayed much 😁😁😁. Thank her for an early update. She kept me in high spirits throughout writing this 😄

*Unedited*

Darkness. Darkness is what has been surrounding me. I can feel my sub consciousness fighting inside me, asking me get up and open my eyes but all that I feel is hollowness. It feels as if I am falling down in a tunnel with no end.

What will I do if I even stop myself from falling? What do I have in this world to survive for?NOTHING. NO-ONE. I had a loving family behind me, a caring brother and the love of my life. Now, it's just me...I don't wanna open my eyes.

"Nandini...", his voice still rings in my ears like a melody. Tearing away that darkness, I see a hand coming my way, asking me to trust him and give my hand in his. He is calling me. Manik is calling me. I have to get up. I have to get up and fight. I have to go back to Manik.

*

The darkness that had settled around Nandini, started fading bit by bit. She was fighting her fears and her own conscious. Her head throbbed in pain as she tried opening her eyes. She groaned in pain.

"Nandu slowly open your eyes", she heard someone say. She knew the voice but it wasn't the one she wanted to hear. The shine in the room made it difficult for her to open her eyes. She tried again but it wasn't enough again. Observing her attempts, someone closed a few lamps, darkening the room for her to open her eyes.

Nandini groggily opened her eyes. Adjusting herself to the unfamiliar territory, she looked around to see where she was. The last thing she remembered was that she fell in someone's arm and then Manik's face appeared. Everything after it was blacked out. She was unable to process if it was just another hallucination that she had or was Manik actually there?

"Nandu? Are you okay?", Aryaman asked seeing her regain consciousness. Nandini gave him a weak nod. Seeing Aryaman near her she thought it was he who saved her, the hopes that had started to rise calmed down. It was his voice that she heard. Maybe Manik wasn't even there.

Nandini tried sitting up on the bed, but her weak self forced her down. Just as her back was about to hit the mattress she felt a hand on her back. The familiar butterflies in her tummy started again. She knew these can not be wrong. She knew he has to be here. She moved her head to the direction her instincts told.

She finally saw the view she was dying to see. Manik. In front of her. She was not hallucinating she had actually fallen in Manik's arms. Looking into his, peace flowed like river. "Manik...", she revered him almost in whispers. It was barely audible to Manik himself.

Though he had heard her say his name, he choose to ignore her. He remained unaffected and kept doing what he was doing. He made a comfortable seat with pillows for her to sit. After making sure that she was comfortable in it he stepped back to stand in a corner.

Nandini was sure she was audible to him. He had deliberately choosen to ignore her. She felt a disgusting feeling arise in the pit of her stomach. She was able to instill hatred in those eyes where she wanted only love, but was it actually hate? 

When her eyes moved away from Manik, she saw the sight in front of her. Seeing it she felt ashamed of herself. She was trying to go away from these people, who are worried for her even after knowing she hid such a big part of her from them. Everyone, from Abhi to Dhruv were huddled around her bed, waiting for her to gain consciousness.

She did not want to fall weak right now but her tears thought otherwise. They came out streams after streams. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again on not finding the suitable words. Seeing her trying to formulate words, Nyonika paced ahead. "Nandini how are you feeling ?", she asked taking place beside her.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें