chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.

Manik and Nandini were lost in their intimacy when there was a knock at the door. Manik quickly got up from over Nandini, who was flushed. Manik was so into his emotions that he didn't even had the courage to look back at Nandini. Nandini on hearing the knock went back to the washroom taking her clothes. She stood against the door calming her racing heart down. She looked at the mirror in front of her and her eyes got stuck at the exact spot where Manik had kissed. A cute blush adorned her face and her cheeks lit up red like tomatoes. In just a moment she was transported to heaven. She quickly changed and came out.

Outside Manik's breath too were out of his control. He bite his lips to control his blush and embarrassingly creased his hairs. Again there was a knock at the door and Manik went to open it. As he opened the door, a servant stood in front of him carrying a glass of water as asked by him. He said a quick thank you and closed the door to find Nandini coming out of the bathroom, dressed up this time. She was ready to leave for her office.

 She was ready to leave for her office

Nandini's attire

Nandini saw Manik holding a glass of water and thought that he had asked for it for himself, but to the contrary Manik forwarded the glass to her along with a tablet and said, "Take this you'll be relived from your headache. " Listening to the word, as if by magic her hangover pain came back like a throbbing sensation. She held her head between her hands and sat down with a thud on the bed. Understanding her situation Manik sat down in front of her on the floor and forwarded the glass as well as the medicine with a cute smile. Even Nandini wasn't able to deny such a cute plea. With a slight smile adoring her lips she took it. Manik got up and sat beside her. Their shoulders were touching each other. Nandini, suddenly realizing, asked, "How did you know I am having a headache? " Manik smiled and replied, "You drank 3 bottles of Vodka Nandini! What else do you expect? Tum talli thi poori kal" , being very embarrassed she asked, "Manik...vo...umm...did I trouble you a lot yesterday? " Manik smiled gracefully at her and teasingly said, "Yeahhh very very much, " Nandini looked down to the floor not able to lift her eyes,"Manik i am so sorry, I didn't mean to i swear I didn't I don't..." Nandini's words trailed off as Manik's fingers landed on her lips ,"sshhh baba. Are you sure you're not drunk now naa? " "Yes I am sober now, why are you asking? " "because only talli Nandini speaks this much, the sober Nandini is not an all india radio. " Nandini fake glared at Manik but then she too started laughing. Seeing her laugh, Manik's eyes were transfixed at her. Neither moving nor blinking. Just staring at the heavenly beauty in front of him. Nandini too looked at him and upon finding him stating at her , she looked down blushing. "Waise you look beautiful when you blush like a normal girl not like a rock solid business women. " Nandini took a deep breath and then said, " I have to be like this Manik. If I am not like this then anyone can take advantage of me just like Harshad did. Ab itni himmat nahi Manik to endure more. I just can't. " Nandini almost choked on her words. To make her feel better, Manik held her hand near to him and started creasing it. One look into Manik's eyes made Nandini feel better. Inhaling the stuck breath, Nandini held his arms with her other hand and kept her head on his shoulders. Nandini was not thinking like a rational person but just like a dreamy person. She didn't think why and what she was doing, she just did what her reflexes permitted her to do. At that moment, Nandini was not a tough women who manages an empire on her own, but she was just a broken girl who needed some comfort and courage. Manik was utterly surprised but he didn't want to disturb the moment, so he let her be. He was definitely confused but his confusion was not more than his will to make Nandini feel better.Nandini's eyes were closed and her breathing was even. By looking at her face anyone could tell that she was FINALLY at peace. Manik's other hand found it's way to her free hand and he held it tightly assuring Nandini of his presence . Both of them were at peace. They were each other's peace.