chapter 18: Manan Missing??

Nandini came out from the hall running insanely. She was out of breath when she reached the terrace. She threw her dupatta in a corner and took steady and slow steps towards the railing. She could hear the faint noises of blasting music from downstairs yet nothing was more loud than her own thumping heart. Just an hour before she was so happy that she got her buddy back and now the news that he has lost his memory of the two most important years of his and Nandini's life made her shocked. Nandini wasn't able to interpret if that's good for her or bad. At that point of time Nandini's mind had stopped working. She looked aimlessly towards the sky ,her whole attention on those small shiny stars which peeked from the dark black clouds hovering over the city. She seemed to be lost in those intricate cloud pattern. Her eyes moved towards her right and she saw some liquor bottles kept there. For Nandini the ways to take out her pain and desperation have always been restricted. She had only few options. She will drive a car very fast and rash or she'll lock herself in a room and break all the things or the last and rarely used option was that she'll get heavily drunk. Right then the last option was her only option. She wasn't someone who gets drunk easily and often but when she does no one can handle her. Not even Aryaman. It has been a long time since she touched alcohol. She moved towards those bottles and sat down removing her heels in front of them. She drank one bottle then another and then another.

On the other hand, Manik who saw Nandini rushing out of the hall came out too following her, but Nandini was so fast in her bid of desperation that she out run him. Manik stood at the entrance of the hall looking for Nandini. As he was standing at a distance from Nandini and Dhruv he wasn't able to understand what they were talking about. He wanted to find out what Dhruv had said that angered or depressed Nandini so much that she left the party mid way? He knew only one person can answer this , but right now Nandini needed him the most. He taking a blind guess moved towards the terrace.

Back in the party, Aryaman was looking for Nandini. Last when he saw her she was happy and dancing with Dhruv, but now he could see only Dhruv in the hall. He went to talk to him.
A: Dhruv have you seen Nandini? She was dancing with you few minutes back and now I can't find her any where. Do you have any idea where did she go?
D: Arya she was dancing with me , we were remembering our old memories but then suddenly she walked away saying she has some work.
Aryaman found it to be weird. He knew something must have happened to which Nandini's response would have to been shut herself out.
A: Dhruv can you please tell me what exactly did you tell him just before she went.
Dhruv after thinking for a moment said : I told her about my memory loss.
A:Memory loss?
D: Yeah buddy because of an accident i lost my memory from the age of 18 to 20.
A: What? Is it really true?
D : Yeah Arya it's true
A: oh... Okay. I'll see you soon. Bye.
Aryaman putting the pieces together understood how Nandini must have been feeling. He was very worried for Nandini. He knew how she'll react to . He fanaticaly looked around for Nandini but failed to locate her. Suddenly a thought came to his mind. He remembered Manik staring at the duo while they were dancing and Aryaman knew that he would be too jealous. And he couldn't see Manik also. Again putting two and two together he came to the conclusion that maybe Manik had seen Nandini going out and went behind her. He was relieved a little bit but wanted to confirm it. He too stepped out looking for both Manik and Nandini.

Other side on the stage Cabir with Alya was talking to Mukti and Abhi when suddenly Mukti said, " Cabir where is Manik? i wanted to introduce him to someone "
A: Yaa! I too haven't seen him from quite a long time
Ab: Cabir call him and ask where is he?
Cabir calls Manik but he doesn't answer. He dials two three times but no one picks it up.
C: He's not answering.
Abhi gets a little worried : Where has he gone without telling? He never does this.
Cabir sensing his worry said : Don't worry he must here only because of this loud music he must not have heard the ring.
He somehow managed to satisfy everyone but he himself was a little worried about Manik. After coming down from the stage, he left the hall Looking for Manik, when something struck him.
Cabir's pov
Where has this Man disappeared? He's not even picking up the call. God knows where and in which state he is. I hope he's alright. Wait a minute! (stopping in his tracks) where is Nandini? She is also missing. Both of them are missing 🤔 something is definitely cooking now.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें