Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes

Manik and Nandini stood in each others arms living the moment. The were disturbed by a knock and they hurriedly parted ways. "Come in", said Nandini and walked in Arya. "Arey Arya? From when did you start to knock and come inside? ", asked Nandini genuinely. Arya gave a knowing smile "I don't want to embarrass you guys ", They both didn't understand the double meaning behind it so Arya continued, "Arey remember When Manik came that day. You were in his arms and you both were lovingly staring..." before Arya could go on explaining their situation a totally embarrassed Manik and Nandini together shouted, "Okay enough!" Arya stopped explaining and gave 'i know something is cooking ' look to both of them. Royally ignoring that look Nandini said, "Arya please give Manik those bags he needs to leave. " Arya nodded and went outside to look after the dress.

Meanwhile, Manik was sitting in Nandini's cabin and she was busy designing something. Manik got up and moved towards where Nandini was standing. He peeped from behind into the canvas Nandini was working on. He could make out that she was designing a bridal wear and it looked extremely beautiful. "wow", escaped Manik's mouths and a smile came to Nandini's lips. Manik stood there glancing at her and her work appreciating both the designer and her design whereas Nandini kept doing her work and also sparing indirect looks at him. She was initially conscious of her designing but hearing Manik's praises she was at ease. There is nothing more satisfying than the person who matters the most to you identifying your passion and appreciating it. Many have praised Nandini's design but still one wow from Manik gave her limitless satisfaction.

Soon Aryaman came back with the dresses and gave them to Manik. Aryaman was surprised when Nandini told him that Manik was coming to take the dresses. He was a superstar and doing these menial chores doesn't suit him. To calm down his curiosity Aryaman asked him what he wanted to ask him from a long time.
A: Manik why did you come all the way to take these dresses? You are a super star man, you could have sent anyone to pick these up.
Manik smiled at this question and looked at curious face of Aryaman.
M: Arya had I not been one I would have come to take these right?
Arya nodded at this
M: Then till Abhi's wedding imagine me as a normal person who wants to work, share responsibility and have loads of fun because it's his only sibling's wedding. Beside having a personality in front of the camera i have one behind the lenses too. I wanna live that one for a while.

Both Nandini and Aryaman couldn't help but gush at this gem of a person standing in front of them. It was evident in everything that Manik does, that he is someone upon whom stardom had no effect. They both didn't know how he was before becoming famous but they could easily guess that, that Manik and this Manik are exactly same. What surprised Nandini more was that even coming across a toxic person like Soha, who almost ruined his life Manik was able to re-ignite his goodness. This was exactly what Nandini lacked. One instance and she became a cynic. She knew this wasn't correct but it was also true that she had no one to take her out of her misery. She wasn't waiting for her knight in shining armor but she was waiting for a reason to change, she recently got one. 😉

M: Come on both of you let's leave together.
Nandini knew this was coming. She had no idea how will she refuse him but she was sure that she isn't going to attend the sangeet. Going there would take a huge leap of faith from her side which maybe she wasn't ready to take. Had it been the old Nandini Arya would have outrightly refused Manik but this was a new Nandinis standing in front of him. He knew she could go either way so he first analysed her facial expressions and understanding that the answer coming from her side was going to be negative he thought of speaking before her and reducing the blow on Manik. Aryaman was about to say something to Manik when Nandini held his hand stopping him from speaking.
Confused, Arya looked at her. He didn't want Manik to get upset with a direct refusal. She, with her eyes gestured not to say anything and Arya respected her too much to disobey her words.
N: Umm Manik you take Arya with you. I have some work in the mansion. I'll come afterwards.
M: But Nandini...
N: Please Manik.
M: Nandini
N: Manik please.
Nandini made an innocent face and pleaded to him, batting her eyelashes. Manik had no option but to agree to her innocent plea.
M: Okay fine but you'll come as soon as possible.
N: Yes
Though Manik was skeptical about it but he had no option but to listen to her. He took Aryaman with him and a hope that Nandini will turn up at the event. He was able to guess that something isn't right but he choose to remain silent and observe. Aryaman looked at Nandini with hopes in his eyes but she refused to meet his eyes.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें