Chapter 51: Tashan

*unedited*

"Nandini!? ", she finally heard the voice she was dying to hear from so long. She looked up from her phone to see Her Man standing a few feet away from her, looking tired yet energized.

She got up from her place and took hurried steps towards Manik not considering anything that was coming in between her and him. Due this inconsiderate attitude, she bumped into someone. "Sorry sor...", she tried saying but her words collapsed mid way as she came face to face with the person she ran into. Her eyes widened and a feeling of shock took over her. Her heartbeat quickened, but this time for all the wrong reasons.

"Harshad? ", she murmured under her breath. She was beyond shocked. After nine years she didn't expect to see him. He still looked the same lusty man which he once was. In spite her surprise, she behaved normal as if he has no effect on her.

(Presenting Abhishek Malik as Harshad Khurrana)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Nandini? ", he smirked evilly. "After years it's Nandini Murthy...that too in Malhotra Industries. Came here to dress someone? ", he said with all the attitude he had. Nandini gave him an uninterested eye roll and replied, "At least I am here for a respectful job Harshad. What are you here for? Interviewing for the post of sweeper? Waise just a suggestion , the standards of sweeper here are too high for you ".

Harshad being the offensive and impulsive man he is readily replied, " Watch your tongue Murthy, you are talking to the owner of the new subsidiary of Malhotra's". Nandini's eyebrows twitched together a bit, in confusion, but then she was reminded of Raj's words," Nandini in today's meeting we will be having the owner of an industry which we are trying to take in as our subsidiary. He will be giving a presentation today", Nandini gave him an ear to ear smirk. Before she could reply, Manik who was earlier watching all this from a distance came and stood beside Nandini, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulders, "Is everything okay Nandini? ", he asked eyeing Harshad from top to bottom. Nandini first glanced at his hand on her shoulder, feeling giddy at his touch but then controlled herself and said, " No Manik, everything is okay. Anyway, Good luck for the meeting Harshad. Hope you don't die out of shock ", she said just this much and moved with Manik to his cabin in style leaving behind a confused Harshad.

As they reached his cabin , Nandini let out a breathe which was stuck inside her. However heightened pretentious game she may play with everyone, in front of Manik, she placed her raw self. Yes, she was a bit disturbed but only because of Harshad's unexpected presence.

"What's happening Nandini? Who was he? ", Manik asked too desperate to know. "He is my past Manik. Harshad Khurrana ", Nandini told with her face hidden behind the mesh of her hands. Manik fisted his hands, feeling disappointed in Nandini that she let him affect her, "Hey Hey it's okay if you don't want to attend the meeting. We can go somewhere", Manik suggested. Nandini gave him a 'What are you saying' look and put forth her views, " Absolutely no, Manik. Why should I step back? It's he who is at fault. He is doing the grave mistake of taking me as the same Nandini that I was when he left me. Let him repay for his deeds", Nandini's words made Manik agape. He felt so proud of her. She was definitely a lady of steel. He took Nandini in a side hug and she hid her face in his chest, inhaling in his fragrance. He instinctively kissed her top head, " I am proud of you."

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें