Chapter 44 : Coupling

*Unedited *

Manik saw Nandini lost in her own world. To manik it seemed as if she was thinking about his little flashback. suddenly Nandini came out of her lala land and asked Manik ," Where is she now?". Manik was taken aback a little but managed to say ," She is... no more... with us ". Her haphazard face eased a bit, "Oh! I'm sorry ", Manik instantly replied ," No... I mean she does not stay with us,". The twiching of her eyebrows easily told him that something was going on inside her mind. " Okay ", Nandini said . She for sure was not thinking on the lines Manik wanted her to.

Before Nandini could think ahead Aryaman's voice interrupted her thought process," Waise yeh MukBhi ki love story kaise start hui? ( Well how did MukBhi's love story start?)". A cute blush took over both Abhi and Mukti's cheeks. " Yeh mai bataunga ( I will tell this) ", Manik said raising his hands. Nandini was smiling at Manik's childish antiques. " Abhi our bechara has always been with wrong girls all his life. Lost after a betrayal , it was Mukti who blessed him with another life", said Manik explaining the jist of their love story.

"Yes, if I am what i am today all the credit goes to Mukti. This girl whom we thought can never act maturely acted beyond her age seeing me like that. (turning towards Mukti and taking her hands in his) Mukku baby i have said this thousand times before and i will say this once again. You came like a fairy to light up my dark world, had it not been for you , i would have reamined in those dark and gloomy corners. Thank you so much for lighting up my world", Abhi conculded by kissing a teary eyed Mukti's hands and then forehead , engulfing her in a bear like hug. In the background came a collective 'aww'. Even Nandini could not stop gushing over these two head over heels in love people. "That was so cute Abhi", gleamed Alya.

"How long have you been togther Cabir and Navya?", asked Nandini out of the blue. Leaving Dhruv , Cabir and Navya everyone else fake coughed plus giggled at Nandini's question. The Joker was silenced by someone for the first time in his life and Manik , who was Cabir's all time target was going gaga inside. His Nandini unintentionally did the unthinkable. Nandini , who was not aware of the current situation of CaVya looked here and there in confusion and then at their blushing. To find her answers she in a reflex looked at Manik. She gazed at him and through her eyes asked ' What is going on' to which Manik replied in the same fashion, that is through his eyes . He winked and asked to sit back and see the scene unfold. Nandini , now assured by Manik relaxed and waited.

Cabir and Navya who were sitting beside each other, grew a little awkward. They both did feel something for each other. The only hurdle was ,that they both weren't sure of each others reaction to it. Cabir was waiting from a long time to get an opportunity to talk to Navya and express his feelings as from past few months , he was getting an inkling that Navya too has some feelings towards him. He being the jolly fellow he is , thought about going ahead and grabbing this chance.

" Abhi tak toh humara kuch nahi tha (Till now we didn't have anything) but now that I have got this opportunity I would like to make something out of it", Cabir said. Navya who untill now was looking down, suddenly shot up and looked towards Cabir. He gave her a sly smile and reached out to hold her hands. " Navya I may look like a fool to you but believe me I am one ", Navya giggled through tears, " No seriously, I am a fool because , i have been in love with you since the day i saw you, I always wanted to express my feelings but... but the fear of even loosing your friendship stopped me every time. You Navya are the purest soul that i have seen till date and i will see for the rest of my life. You know I am not good at all these speeches and expressing my feelings out loud , but (kneeling down) I will try just for you. You always dreamt of being proposed like this so here it goes , Miss Navya Naveli , I Cabir Dhawan am madly in love with you. Your face is the dream i see every night and wish to get up to this beautiful face for the rest of my life. I love you Navya," as Cabir ended this emotional confession and got up ,Navya jumped onto him hugging him tightly , repeating 'i love you too' several times, while Cabir's got wetter and wetter.