8. Locked Away

|| Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf ||

🔹🔹🔹

Life is a tricky combination of various defining moments. Some are those which you remember fondly while some are those which at the first instance feel like hell but in the long run, you understand how important it was for you to face them and how it has shaped your future self.

This one moment which was forced upon Nandini, was like the latter one. Right then, all that Nandini could think was of how brazen Manik had been and how insensitive his actions have been, but future Nandini would surely thank Manik for the same.

She was back in her room, away from any sort of human interaction. She didn't want anyone around, just silence and nothing else to gather her shattered pieces back. That one moment brought back millions of memories which she had locked away in the deepest chambers of her heart, forgetting she has once lived that kind of life. Those carefree days were now just a distant oasis for which you crave, but you know you can't hold them.

Her wounds from past were not physical. No one could better her mind to give her physical hurt but her soul was marred. It had taken so many hits on itself that it was left tattered, and it was because of this same reason that Nandini refused to mingle with anyone to give him even a slightest possibility to torture that soul more.

Nandini sat back in the sofa, with her elbows on her knees and her chin sitting on her upright palms. She knew there would be a cyclone downstairs, for she did leave the hall in a dramatic manner. But this was the last thing she had her mind on. She was currently focusing on pushing back those memories which were resurfacing, after every second.

She did fight them with all her might, but at the end they proved too powerful to push back. She left those reminisces wander their way back, and flourish in her mind. And when they did come back, they came such vividly that she could see that scene pan out in front of her, even after years apart.

She could see her younger self, no more than 10 running around the length and breadth of her mansion, clad in a long frock, cat walking in front of her father, promising him and herself that she will become a model and a fashion designer and a singer too, for her appa wanted that and make him proud. She could hear his laughter ring in her ears. She could see her running to her amma, with sketches of outfits drawn for her, and she would string in every word of appreciation for her that she could. She would give up anything even her life to listen to those again, if only it was possible to resurrect dead.

The vibrations from the gadget beside her brought her out of her stupor. The mobile phone which like a useless accessory was sprawled across the sofa, flashed 'Arya'. Even though she had no intention of speaking to anyone in this one hour, she had to take his call. Nandini had every idea of what a havoc must be going on in Aryaman's mind and she would detest herself for not calming it when she could.

"Yes Arya", after having a self confrontation with herself she answered the call. "Are you fine Nandu?", the genuine worry in Aryaman's voice melt Nandini on the other side. "I am fine. Don't worry", she won't burden him with her apprehensions, she was sure about that. "So...will you be coming for the....after party?", as a brother, Aryaman wanted to avoid this question but as a business partner, he had to ask. He too had a quarrel within himself before his lips uttered those words and instantly regretted.

A wide smile played on her lips for she realised the quarrel of his mind before he asked her that. "I am coming Arya. Just getting ready", sometimes you do things not for yourself but for the people near and dear to you. Even though Nandini was too mentally tired for all this, she had a responsibility on her shoulder, a tag attached to her to live upto. As a leader, she was needed there and if she bows down to her whims, she'll fail herself.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें