Hidden Lives - Human Takizawa

The second masked ghoul in this story is my added character. Just letting you all know. Also, I'm sorry if I get the members of the Aogiri Tree wrong.

It has been about seven months now since Seidou confessed his love to [Name] and they have been together. She was everything to him. The apple of his eye, the reason he smiled every day. He would give the world to her if he could. She completed him as he completed her.

Seidou sat in the living room, his eyes focused on the piece of paper in front of him. The CCG had confirmed that the raid on the Aogiri Tree will proceed that Saturday. To say he was scared was an understatement. He was terrified but he had to put on a brave face for [Name], for his family and for everyone.

"What's wrong, Seidou?" [Name] asked when she saw him looking lost at the paper. He glanced up at her,

"Nothing. Just... Remember that raid I mentioned on the Aogiri Tree?" she nodded, "The CCG are going through with it on Saturday. And I'll be a part of it." Fear painted [Name]'s eyes at that, flooding her veins as she walked over to him.

"What? That's a suicide raid, Seidou." he looked down, he knew she would react like this. But he was doing this for her to ensure her safety. He smiled and brought her hand to his lips,

"Don't worry. I'll be alright." he kissed her knuckles and pulled her into a hug. He would survive this. He promised himself that so he could see [Name] again.

***

The room was silent. Each ghoul's face was hidden by some form of mask. Eto stood in the centre of the room. His cold gaze locking with each of the members at least once.

"The CCG are approaching this building in three hours. Each of you will stand your ground and not retreat. If you do, I will hunt you down myself. Understand?" he earned an answer from each of them.

"You all know your stations. Leave no human alive." With that, all the masked members scattered to their positions in the building, waiting for the CCG.

"BlackBird." Eto called out, catching her just in time before she left the room.

"I've got something different for you." he said, "You will join Hedo in the third wing." she gave a nod then darted to her new position.

***

Seidou took a breath to calm himself for a moment, holding onto his weapon tighter. He and Tusiki were assigned to raid the third wing of the building. A smaller part of the building but a possible escape for other ghouls. Their job was to stop any from getting out. He would not fail.

The third wing was a room no bigger than an assembly hall in a high-school. Slowly, he and Tusiki walked into the room, weapons drawn and ready, eyes searching for any movement. The lights flickered and he froze for a moment, looking for anything.

Out the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a crystalised shard flying in his direction. Jumping back, he narrowly missed the shard and it made a home in Tusiki's leg, knocking the investigator down for a moment. In the shadows, two pairs of scarlet red orbs glowed in the darkness. He aimed his gun and shot towards them, both ghouls darted separate ways. One of them wore a blackbird like mask, that one had the Ukaku kagune. The second ghoul had a bland, silver mask that mimicked an unsettling smiling face.

Smiling Face seemed to focus more on Tusiki whilst Blackbird was focused on him. He avoided the crystal shards and was able to shoot at one of the Ghoul's wings, knocking them down from the ledge they had propped themself on. He aimed the weapon to their head and froze, the mask had cracked diagonally and it had fallen off.

"[N-[Name]? W-What's happe-" he was cut off by Smiling Face kicking him across the room.

"What the Hell, Blackbird? Why'd you hesitate like that?" he hissed, Seidou looked up at the two ghouls. Blackbird? [Name] was... a ghoul? Smiling Face's kagune sprouted, a Kokaku. Blackbird - [Name] - jumped to her feet glared at Smiling Face.

"You can't hurt him. I know him. " Smiling Face scoffed in disgust,

"You're choosing a human over us!?" he shouted, pointing the blade of his Kokuka at Seidou. She stood her ground, her Ukaku sprouting again, both refusing to back down from each other.

With a yell, Smiling Face charged at her, swinging his kagune at her, which she dodged, a few crystal shards digging into his skin as she did. He gave a grunt before spinning around, the tip of the blade catching her ankle and throwing her off landing. Jumping up, he aimed his kagune at her chest, she rolled asideresulting in it digging into the ground. Once he pulled it free, his gaze fell to Seidou and Seidou felt his blood freeze.

"Fine then, he'll die in your place!" He charged at Seidou with such speed that Seidou didn't have time to react.

"No!"

The sound of flesh slicing open and blood spilling was heard. A silence hung in the air for a moment before Seidou opened his eyes. [Name] stood in front of him, the blade of the Kokuka impaled straight through her chest. A gasp slipped Seidou's lips. [Name] looked up at Smiling Face,

"Go to Hell." Before anything could be done, multiple bullets dug into Smiling Face's body, Tusiki's gun smoked lightly as Smiling Face collapsed to the ground, blood pooling around him. Seidou rushed over to [Name], cradling her head in his hands, tears threatening to trickle down his face.

Tusiki's gun cocked as he prepared to fire at [Name], Seidou held his hand up at him to stop.

"No, don't shoot! Not this one!" he looked back down at [Name], her hands clutching the gaping wound in her abdomen as she felt it slowly begin to heal.

"I'm sorry, Seidou. I didn't want you to find out this way." he lightly stroked her hair in a way to comfort her as he held pressure over the wound in hopes to slow the bleeding.

"N-No, don't apologise." he said, tears trickling down his checks as he spoke, "Y-You're going to be alright. You'll heal a-and we'll go home." her hand gripped his tightly,

"P-Promise?" she asked, he smiled and nodded.

"Promise. I love you, [Name]. And that will never change."

This was requested, I hope you like it as I really enjoy these types of scenarios. And I had fun writing it. So thank you for reading.