Blind love - Ghoul Takizawa

Shadows engulfed the corridor, removing any flicker of light aside from the pale glow of the moon. Faint footsteps were heard sprinting down the corridor, followed by hushed panting. The hooded ghoul jumped through the large hole in the ceiling, leading him to another corridor. 

The building was abandoned for years, left in the dark to rot away. It was a perfect hiding place. Only he knew about it, and he wanted to keep it that way. By the remaining parts of it, he could only assume that the building was once a mansion of sorts; yet it stood a safe place for him and his lover.

Slowly, the hooded ghoul pushed the door open. The master bedroom was the cleanest room in the mansion and one of the more difficult ones to reach -due to the holes and collapsed corridors. Sitting on the bed, cuddling up to Rocky was [Name]. She turned her head towards the creaking door, bandages wrapped gently around her eyes, shielding them from the world. 

"Takizawa, is that you?" she asked, standing up slightly. Takizawa lowered his hood, black lips lifting into a soft smile as he approached her.

"Yes, [Name]. It's me." he said, taking her hand into his and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Were you okay whilst I was gone?" she nodded against his chest, her hand resting in his hand. A warm, secure feeling washed over her as she held him close. 

Takizawa set her down on the bed, giving Rocky a small scratch behind the ear. His eyes locked on the bandages wrapped around her eyes. A frown tugged his lips. He could easily remember the day she lost her sight. Akira's little squad were not as careful as they believed they were, they had one job and that was to protect [Name]. One ghoul was not as dead as he appeared and the last thing [Name] ever saw was the ghoul's bladed kagune aiming for her head. Takizawa was able to stop him killing her but her sight was lost. Cold guilt still gnawed at his chest when he remembered it, despite [Name] reassuring him it was not his fault. Since that day, he has kept her hidden, he almost lost her that day and he refused to take the risk again.

[Name]'s hand lifted up to his face, the small gesture making him smile as he held her hand there, leaning into her touch. He didn't care what happened to him, as long as [Name] was safe, that was all that mattered to him.

Takizawa slipped the small backpack from under his cloak and set it down, he started to rummage through it and pulled packets of food from it.

"I was able to get you and Rocky some food to last you both a couple of days." he said, setting the food aside. [Name] turned her head towards the direction of his voice before giving a nod. 

"Okay, thank you." she said, Takizawa smiled at her. He did not care that he had to bring her food every now and again. He was her rock now, her line of support to survive now, and he would protect her with his last breath. He loved her, and she loved him. He knew she would do the same for him.