Another Love - Ghoul Takizawa

Requested by: @DMMD4EVER thank you for the request
Warnings: Angst but fluff at the end
I'm sorry it's short.

It was quite clear that Takizawa had feelings towards the CCG member, Akira Mado. The way his eyes softened when he saw her during the attack on Tatara. He looked as if he was looking at the ghost of a deceased lover who held his heart with such care. 

[Name] knew that look from anywhere. Takizawa loved Akira. To say that it hurt was an understatement. Having her right arm ripped off would have been less painful than the feeling of her heart shattering in her chest when she realised his feelings towards Akira. It made sense though, Takizawa knew Akira before he became Owl, they had shared memories of him being human. Whereas [Name] only knew him as Owl, the one-eyed ghoul who could easily kill without an issue. 

She watched Takizawa stand outside the room, listening to them discuss Akira's condition, a solemn, lost look on his pale face. How she wished she could walk over and comfort him, kiss his cheek softly and remind him that he was not alone. But she couldn't. She could only stand there and be his friend. He turned on his heel, his cloaked form disappearing down the hall and she frowned. 

***

The female ghoul stood in Akira's room, watching the human woman sleep soundly, unaware of the ghoul standing by her bedside. It would be easy to kill her now, no one was around and all she really had to do was cover her mouth and nose, and not let go. But [Name] didn't. She was not that type of person. 

Why destroy the light of someone's life just to make yourself feel better? Even if she did kill Akira, Takizawa would not fall in love with [Name], if anything, it would drive him away from her. [Name] smiled softly, petting the sleeping cat on Akira's bed. Her eyes not leaving the human.

If this human could give Takizawa the joy and love that [Name] could not give him, then she was alright with that. His happiness was what she truly wanted; after everything he had been through, he deserved every once of happiness he could get.

***

The wind danced gently through the air, pushing Takuzawa's cloak a little. Black lips tugged down into a frown as he watched the twinkling city lights below him. [Name] furrowed her brow at the male ghoul before approaching him.

"Hello, Takizawa. How are you feeling?" she asked, taking a seat beside him. He gave a low sigh,

"How do you tell someone you love them?" his tone spirknled with traces of sorrow. The question caught her by surprise.

"I'm not sure. Why do you ask?" Takizawa turned to her, his wide eyes glowing dimly in the shadows.

"Because I want to tell a person how much they mean to me. But I don't know how." Akira. This was all for Akira. A small knot of jealousy twisted in her lower gut but she ignored it. She thought for a moment.

"Well, I believe the best way to confess to someone how you feel about them is to just tell them. Tell them how much they mean to you. If they return the feelings, then you will know." She replied, a light smile lifting her lips as she spoke. Takizawa lowered his head, his hair falling in front of his eyes slightly.

"[Name], count the stars in the sky, please." Odd. [Name] ignored the strange request and looked up. The sky was littered in thousands upon thousands of glittering stars, like a child had spilled glitter on a black piece of paper.

"All the stars in the universe are hanging above us, apart from one." he said, his eyes shifting from the sky to her. A smile on his lips. "You."

Shock swirled around inside of her at that. His eyes widening slightly as his hand rested against her cheek.

"Of all the people in the world, of all the ghouls in the world, I am the only one who can say he was touched by a star. I love you, [Name]." he pressed a kiss against her cheek before pulling away. [Name] furrowed her brows at him,

"But I thought....you loved Akira." He gave a soft sigh,

"Once upon a time I did, but not anymore. Amon had won her heart long before I had a chance to." [Name] tilted her head, watching as he turned away and looked down at the city again. A silence hung between them before she leaned in a kissed his cheek, catching his attention.

"I love you too, Takizawa."

Sorry if it's silly. But thank you for reading and please leave a vote nd comment your thoughts.