Voice of an Angel - Tsukiyama Shu

This is just a tester for the Tsukiyama one-shot book. Please comment what you think and if I need to change it slightly. Thank you. Also, I prefer Tsukiyama's design for Tokyo Ghoul RE over his original. Enjoy.

It was something that Tsukiyama had noticed about [Name], the new employee at Anteiku. She rarely spoke a word. She was always polite to each and every customer that walked through the doors. The selflessness that flowed through her veins and radiated from her soul was unlike anything Tsukiyama had seen before. The girl was a shy, timid little thing, reminding the Gourmet of a rabbit or mouse. Though the actions she did spoke for her:

She would be the first one to arrive at the coffee shop and immediately begin cleaning. Sweeping the floor, cleaning the windows, even polishing the tables. All without being asked or told to.

Tsukiyama was surprised to encounter the young female as she emerged from the backroom balancing fours plates, three cups and two glasses on top of each other. It was clear that she was from a working class family but she did not let that fact hold her down. Instead, she used it as a fuel to show that simple acts of generosity and kindness can do wonders for a person.

And then, one day, it happened.

***

[Name] stood in Anteiku, sweeping brush in hand, as she finished sweeping the last bit of dust from the floor. Mr Yoshimura had asked [Name] to lock up after she had finished cleaning, which she happily accepted. The other members of Anteiku had already left, leaving her alone in the closed coffee shop. The blinds were down and the sign stated they were closed but the door was still unlocked.

To fill the silence, [Name] softly began to sing to herself. Completely oblivious to the indigo haired ghoul standing outside the coffee shop door, listening to the delicate singing. The harmonious voice filled Tsukiyama's mind like water in a cup, drowning out all other thoughts and sounds. His body felt light as the world around him faded into nothingness. Purple eyes locked solely on the [Hair colour] female in the coffee shop. A foreign warmth bloomed inside his chest.  

***

The Gourmet sat in his velvet chair beside the fireplace, watching as the flames danced gracefully with each other, casting their soft glow across the ghoul's features. The harmonious tune echoed in his head; faint traces of the warmth still glowed in his chest much like the embers of a fire waiting to be reignited again. 

What was it? How could someone -a human, no less- have such an affect on him? He sighed, rubbing his eyes slightly. A soft smile lifted his lips as an idea formed in his head.

***

[Name] picked up the cups from one of the tables once the customers left and turned around, almost dropping the cups at the sudden appearance of Tsukiyama. A smirk lifted his lips as he took the cups from her and placed them back on the table. 

"Hello, mon cher." he greeted, [Name] only smiled and bowed her head as a greeting. "You don't have to play quiet with me, darling." he said, noticing the confusion flicker in her beautiful [Eye colour] eyes. Vibrant with life. "I heard you singing last night."

Shocked painted [Name]'s face with tints of embarrassment. How could she be embarrassed by her voice? Tsukiyama rested a hand against her cheek, making her look up at him. 

"Do not be ashamed. Your voice is... unlike anything that I have ever heard before." he spoke, the melodious sound echoed in his mind as the warmth returned again, brushing its soft touch against his rib-cage. "So harmonious. So melodious. Beautiful. Why hide such a sound?" [Name]'s gaze fell down. She has never heard anyone describe her voice in such a way. Growing up, she was always told to be quiet. "Wait until you are spoken to before speaking. It's how we live." was what her parents used to tell her. 

"Could you sing again, mon cher? For me?" Tsukiyama asked, his voice soft as he spoke. [Name] brought her hand up to his, holding it as she began to hum softly. Tsukiyama's lips lifted into a smile as he listened.

Thank you for reading this. I know it's a stupid idea but please comment your thoughts and leave a vote, I'm sorry if he is out of character.