Chapter-3

The judge and the priest stood side by side. She was forced-rushed here in the chapel by Ricardo. She did not quite understood when he demanded on the phone to make the arrangements but now she did. Money spoke louder than action. they would have been man and wife by now had she not refused to carry the enormous rock of a wedding ring. Leaving him no option but to take her back to the store  to get the ring of her choice in and a super expensive wedding gown which he personally picked for her it was just as the one she would would have picked had she got the chance to, this man had taste. There were thousands of designs to select from but thank goodness she already envisioned her big day since she was a very young lady. She wanted everything to be intimate, few audience, a simple gold band which indicated purity, her parents very so proud of their darling daughter getting married off, the man she loved and was loved by waiting for her to walk down the aisle holding in his breath. None of her plans were coming through with her parents gone, a forced marriage, no friends or family to attend her big day and a brute to be husband whom she barely knew anything about except that he was filthy rich and he made everyone succumb to his will, even the judge who should be unbribable or the priest who should only go by the heavens will. 

As the priest instructed they exchanged their vows before the heaven and the heavenly. If they were in love and getting into marriage her parents would have been so proud of her but what now? As sincere as he sounded when he gave his promise to love and to cherish her in health or in sickness, in wealth and in poor till death does them apart, there was this something setting her insides very uneasy. She still did not have any idea why she was getting married to this brute.

She noticed the grin on his face when she was to put on the ring on his finger unlike the look which he had on when he put his ring on her finger, this man was weird. His grin even widened when they were pronounced man and wife by the priest and before he could instruct them to share the kiss as man and wife, he already pulled her in for the kiss and as much as she hated to admit the way he kissed her held a lot of unspoken promises with what was to follow and it kind of made her insides tingle.

The priest and the judge came forward and congratulated them on their marriage but what the judge said next threw her off guard.

"Thank you Mr-Wilde for this opportunity."

"You deserved a chance and you did not disappoint me."

"If I can be of any service to you, anytime, just let me know."

Ricardo dismissed him with a nod which did not sit well with Iris. This was no way to acknowledge one's service. She cleared her throat to grab their attention and as normal as she could sound.

"Mr-Judge and Father Thank y..

She felt his grip on her waist. He did not want her to complete whatever she was about to say and both the judge and the priest noticed it making them clear their throat uncomfortably. What was the deal with them all. She held onto his large hand on her waist trying to ease his grip and make him get the sign to not try to intimidate her and he got it, he loosened his grip but it still stayed just where it was.

"You may leave."

Both bowed and left before she could utter anything else. She turned and looked at her now husband in complete disbelieve. He reached down to kiss her but she turned her head away and his kiss landed on her cheeks.

"What was that?"

"Which was what?"

"Don't play coy here, brute."

"It's darling for you. Love"

"Don't. Love, me and you know which What am I referring to."

"No, I don't."