Chapter-31

Her feet trembled not being able to step in. She thought she could get it over with once she faces Selena but she was having cold feet at the last moment. Ricardo rubbed his hand on her shoulder in concern, that was enough encouragement she needed and she stepped in.
Selena was all teary when she saw Iris. Guilt written all over her face, she was speechless as to what she was to say to Iris. That un-fateful night not only made her be in this state for the past 3 years but she had also lost some of her memories. Her memories were scattered into pieces and she did not know how she was to re-collect them. Lambert had told her that Iris’s parents were also involved in the accident she caused years ago.
Selena looked away as her tears gave away. She was not in the condition to come in term with all that had happened to her or how she caused such unforgivable loss to Iris. She did not know what led to that accident but there was nothing that could justify her DUI.
Iris saw how Selena looked away from her and the trembling of her shoulders were enough to make any man know that she was crying. There was a strange pull she felt towards the girl lying on the bed and she reached out to her. She took hold of her hand in her.
“Are you okay?” Iris asked in a timid voice. Ricardo came and stood next to her mouthing she did not have to do this.
Selena turned and met her eyes.
“I’m sorry.”
Iris's throat was stiff. She ought to be sorry after what she did. Driving under influence was not only a crime but also ignorance of man’s duty. Her parents were no longer alive but she did not want Selena to torment herself for life for a mistake that can never be undone. This was what her parents would have wanted too.
“If you are sorry...
“What do you want me to do?” she asked desperately, willing to do just anything if it could lessen the losses she had caused her.
“What do you expect me to say? It is nearly impossible for me to forgive you.”
“I am sorry.” Was all she could say and she repeated it again and again.
There was so much Iris wanted to say to Selena but she got up and ran out of the room leaving Selena mentally tormented. Lambert was quick on his feet and he reached for her as Ricardo ran after his wife.
Iris was on the floor by the door and he let out a relieved sigh. She did not run far away and given to the mental state she was in he did not know what she was capable of doing. His wife quiet un-predictable at times. He sat next to her and pulled her in his arms as her cries filled the empty room.
“What if I cannot forgive her?” she asked not meeting his eyes.
“You don’t have to.”
“I don’t want to wrong her.”
“You won’t.”
“Should I just let her be?”
“You should if that’s what you want.”
“Won’t I wrong you too if I don’t forgive her?”
“You don’t have to worry about me.”
“You shouldn’t either.”
She looked at him cupping his face in her hands. Her grieving eyes met his emotionless ayes.
“Tell her that she has to live for the 3 lives.”
She pulled away and walked out of the door. Ricardo was left in a maze here. He did not except what just hit him.
Selena cried her heart out when she heard what Iris said through Ricardo. There was no way a person could be that selfless. She would have done just the opposite of what Iris did if she had been in her stead and the thought of her taking her parents, who gave her such upbringing only made detest herself for surviving the accident alone. She was no one and the fact that the doctors found drugs in blood stream made her curse her whole existence. Had she been that undeserving to live then why did the Gods made her survive instead of all those good soul?
“Can you drop me at my parents?” she asked not turning his side. Her cold voice and reflection on the window of her crying made him clench his fist hard on the steering wheel.
“You need to res…
“Please.” She pleads and he did just that but he did not leave her there. He was going to wait for her no matter how long it might take her but she returned in less than half an hour.
“I am hungry. Let’s go home.” She said and he kissed her head pulling her in.
“Let’s go home.”
He kissed the back of her hand every passing second till they reached her apartment. She asked him to take her here and he did without a question. They cooked together as she did not want any takeout or wanted to have any other soul around her. She waited for him to leave but he never bothered to so she spoke her mind but he refused her.
“I am not leaving you.”
“I need some time alone.”
“We are alone.”
“I mean I want to be alone by myself.”
“I promise you won’t feel my presence but I will not leave you.”
They had a slight quarrel but then she gave in and somehow she landed in his warm embrace. He said nothing and they lay on the massive Queen sized bed with her on him. He ran his hands though her hair and she took in his manly cologne in.
“How is she doing?”
“Lambert is watching over her. She will be fine.”
“I was too harsh on her, wasn’t I?”
“You are too kind to her.”
“Why do you say that?”
“Had anyone else been in your place they will make sure she could never go back to how she was before.”
“The world is not that harsh.”
“It is worse and I just answered in the easiest.”
She was silent again making him believe she was asleep.
“I can never forgive anyone if they cost me my most precious person. No matter who they might be I will hunt them down and make sure not even the breath of theirs, will any soul dare remember. I swear on my life to protect you.” He whispered and a tear landed on his chest. She pushed herself to meet his eyes.
“I don’t know if you seriously mean those words but even if you did do not torment my soul by becoming a monster that you are not. Not for me not for anyone else.”
“I already am the worst but it is you that makes me more human and I meant every word of it so if you meant what you just asked me of, then make sure you never leave me on my own by any means. I need you to complete my world and if I don’t get you then I will make sure to burn the world down.”
He was getting way too serious and if he promised any worse then it will be trouble for the ones around him so thinking about everyone else around him she tried to divert the topic.
“No one lives forever.”
“Let me die before you then.”
“Then what will I do with all the wealth you have accumulated?”
“Do anything that makes you happy. It is all yours no matter if I am dead or alive.”
Okay! He never failed to catch her off guard.
He was at ease at how she was pretending that she had come to terms with just what took place today but he will not complain and make sure it will turn to reality. There was a slight smile on her lips that warned him danger. Everytime she sported that look she will for sure have him on his toes wanting him to throw her on the bed and have his way with her or blow up that crazy mind of hers but he always went with the 1st option as he can never and will never be able to do that. He wouldn’t allow himself to do that.
“Can I get a new husband after you are gone?”
And there she goes. He pushed her under him and his breath was coming short at the mention of her being somebody elses.
“This is a reason why I am constantly trying not to die.”
“Aren’t you too selfish?” she teased and it did just what her teases always did to him. He was aroused in anger, it was insane.
“I am and I will always be.”
“But if you were to die now. I don’t want to be all alone by myself, I am still very young to give up on living.”
“But your words tonight is saying otherwise.”
“Anyhow can I?”
“You can’t and I will make sure you never think of any other soul than mine.” With that said he kissed her hard on the lips, which was then dragged down to her collar bone. This time her bed did not creak as he had replaced them the next morning since they’ve last been here. She moaned when he grinded his hips making his erection brush over her wet and sensitive v*****.
“You will learn just how I can do that and you will like that just as much as I do.”
“You are impossible.”
She complained but then giggle replaced her moans as his hands went to the sides of her body and he began to tickle her. Her beautiful laughter filling the apartment and warming his cold heart. It was something very new to him but he would die a million times just to hear her laughter.