Chapter-51

The man in his late 40’s trembled when the bullet passed right though his earlobe, deafening his ears it bleed. Ricardo rubbed the nose of his gun with a black cloth and a sinister smile on his face. This man was caught by his men lurking around his estate and was a possible threat.
The man had pissed himself in fear for his unknown but frightful future. Of all he had to end up in Ricardo’s clutch and there was no escaping here. He was not allowed to make a sound out his mouth or little by little his trembling body will lose its capability to tremble.
“Mr-Wilde I was only, only told to keep my eye on the estate.” He said trying to keep his painful stammering at bay as it was also bound to make him lose a part of his undeserving body.
Ricardo frowned at his reply for the second time. He knew that this disgusting man was just a pawn and there was going to be no lead towards, the mastermind behind all this but that did not mean he was going to be lenient with anything that was a possible threat to his wife and his unborn child.
By the time he stepped out of the underground cellar all that could be heard was agonizing cries of an unworthy man. He made sure there will be no second time and all that tried to repeat the same will be wise enough not to put up the same stunt again. Ricardo made sure to keep him barely alive enough to keep the ones on the hunt at bay.
Lambert handed him the white towel to wipe the blood off his gloved hands.
“Are we getting anything?”
Ricardo stilled and taking a gulp of brandy he smashed the glass on the wall as if that would ease the fire in him, it never worked though just wastage of new glasses. Lambert knew better to pry on the same subject. There was no lead on this man as it was only the money that motivated him to act.
“Tell me I won’t have to conclude this mess.”
Lambert asked and Ricardo threw the bloodied towel at him but with a swift motion he bend on his side making the towel miss his face and into the wall it met.
Iris was enjoying a warm cup of bland tea with Camilla, who was busy gushing at the gone days and her personal view on the coming future with her grandchild. She was on cloud 9 and it was a total delight to see her smile proudly at her.
“The first time I witnessed Ricardo put on a tantrum was when he thought he was dying.”
Iris’s whole demeanour changed but Camilla was quick.
“He was constipated for 3 days and from somewhere he learnt that it could possibly lead to his death.”
Iris let out a relieved sigh. She nearly lost it had she not been enlightened. Camilla put her hands on Iris’s hands. Maybe she shouldn’t have mentioned that particular incident; the way her whole expression changed was enough for anyone to know just what kind of view she had on her mind.
“I should have been more considerate. I’m sorry but you should know better than to entertain that thought.”
Iris tried to put on a smile but failed miserably as she broke out crying. There was no way she was going to be able to make through a moment without him in her life and this was not her hormones, it was her heart that bleeds at the thought alone.
She was pulled in a hug but her cries only deepened and Camilla was worried but also warmed at the thought that his son will not be alone even if she was to leave. Life was unexpected and lately she was feeling that the time with her loved ones was shortening at a very fast pace. She patted Iris’s head then her back to calm her cries.
“I won’t make without him. My heart aches.”
“You will never be without him; you’ve got better days ahead of you.”
“Will he always be here with me?” asked in a timid voice.
“I’ll kill myself to be with you.”
Iris looked up and met Ricardo’s eyes and her heart warmed.
“I will make a call to Albert, an event awaits us but I promise to be back in a day.”
Camilla kissed Iris’s head and excused herself leaving the man and wife on their own but after taking a fill of her son in her arms.
Ricardo wiped the tears off her face then kissed her lips and her tear works began again.
“I’m trying to stop them but they won’t.” She complained and he laughed at her. She was just too precious and her tears were lethal to him.
“I’m sorry I’m the reason for them.” His voice took a 360 degree turn than when he was at the warehouse.
“You are not allowed to leave me ever. Never ever.”
She was now scolding him and he only nodded in agreement. That was the last thing he will ever want to do but her words were his law.
“I promise you I will never do that, not even if you tell me to.”
“I love you but you cannot make me go through this again. I cannot lose you. I just can’t.” She pulled him to her tighter. She had got stronger.
“I love you, I love you.”
“You smell miserable.” she blurted out breaking their moment. There was no filter in her mouth lately but the moment she said it she noticed how his body stiffened.
“Are you alright? You look unusual.”
“I should take a bath first it was a long day.” The way he pulled away from her was cold and she was not used to this nor will she ever be. He was weird and she could not come to terms with it.
He pulled her in his arms as she was fast asleep. She will not be in his arms for long as she could barely sleep in one position for over 5 minutes. Tossing and turning was all that she did in the name of sleeping lately.
Ricardo’s eyes fluttered open when he could not feel her in his arms and there she sat leaning on the bedpost. He got up and put the duvet over her and she gave him a tired look. He hated how pregnancy was tiring her out but there was more than just tiredness in her eyes and he knew well what it was. She noticed him pulling away from her but he only did that since he did not want her anywhere near the dirt he had been toiling in. she was too pure for it and he was not going to taint her in his dark world. He will do anything to make sure his wife and child will have nothing to do with the underworld. It was not only dirtily deadly but it was the connection to hell, if there was any. How can he make up for his acts without lying to her was the bigger task in hand?
“Are you not feeli…
“You should be the one to answer that question.”
“Love…
“I felt it Ricardo, I did and you will not put that act on me again.”
“I’m sorry.”
‘I don’t want you to be sorry; I need you to be firm on that. I hate it when you pull away from me and I can never do that.”
“And you should never. I need you here to slap my mind back in the right place. I had some dirt on me which I did not want to put on you so I pulled away but I was going to run back into your arms as soon as I cleaned up, I swear.”
She was contented at him coming clean. He was always very considerate about her and her wishes so this was what she was going to do vice-versa. She will not pry into matters that he intentionally kept from her until and unless it had anything to threaten their love, but how was she to know if there was any such thing going on or not? This pregnancy hormones were a piece of shit which made a women lose her capability to think straight but that was what added to the moment.
“You… You don’t have any other women…
“Are you serious? How…
She pressed her lips to his, guilty of even spurting out those words. She was only testing her luck which luckily was on her side. There were no other women which meant it was the work related problems that kept him distracted so the only ways eh could help him lessen his burden was to love his worries away. She sucked his lips in hers taking the initiative which he liked a lot too. He liked her bold and having her way with him, when she was not cautious around him and did what she wanted to.
“I’m sorry and I love you.” she said pulling away from him. Sitting herself on his lap she wrapped her hand around his neck and noticed there was a cut on his neck which was not that deep, thank goodness. She kissed his neck then his ears and his cheeks. She had her legs on his side’s spreader.
“You’re too sexy when you’re trying to make up.”
“Shut up Darling or you might just end up with unreleased blue balls.” She warned him and he was a laughing mess. It was a sound too beautiful to her she lived for this.
“I’m yours to do all that you want with.” He offered himself and who was she to deny both of them what they longed for. A smile crept up her lips and she pondered for a moment to keep it in or let it out and she did the later making him stare at her in disbelieve but then he was all in for whatever she had for him in store.
“Let’s do the turtle way.”

3rd person P.O.V
My blood boiled when I saw Ricardo walked out of his safe-house removing the leather gloves off and with a look on as if nothing happened inside, as if he had no blood on his hand. I knew what he was capable of but I wanted to confirm it with my own eyes and I did.
I paid that drunkard man a hefty amount just for the sake of confirming if the saying about Ricardo was actually true and it was not in vain. Every penny I spent on served its purpose.
My hands trembled at the thought of how big misconception I had about this monster. Iris was the biggest hypocrite as she was the one who lived a life as if this had nothing to with her. Mafia world was never as simple as the books led them to be, it was the most disgusting dirt pit. On one hand she was opposing all that little crime that took place around her but she turned a blind eye to what was the biggest crime pot here. Or was she kept in the dark about this side of him? If it was the later then it was going to my pleasure to disclose it to her. I want to witness just how she will react to this sick mafia world when she learns about it.
Will she accept him the way he already is or will she leave him the way he deserves to be left alone.
I wish it will be the later as that was the only way she can have a safe goodbye from this world. It will be my pleasure to be the one to deliver her from this pathetic world and it will be beautiful.
Yes, a beautiful world it will be after justice is served.